Hi. I'm 22 year old female and I'm pretty scared right now because my mother told me I should do something I have never done before.
She told me that, considering the fact that there were lot uterus cancers in my family, I should visit my gynecologist and have some endometrial biopsy done. I have also started to experience some menstrual irregularities.
This frightens me a bit because I have never experienced anything similar. The thing that worries me the most is the fact that I don’t know how much pain is involved.
I would also like to find out something about possible techniques of this procedure. Please help me!

Hello. I'm 45 year old female and I have had several procedures you’ve described in my life. That’s why I know something about it and I will gladly share my information with you.
An endometrial biopsy is a procedure to remove a small sample of the lining of the uterus called endometrium. The sample is examined under a microscope for abnormal cells. You asked about possible pain. Well, from my experience, the instruments may feel cold and maybe there could be some pain as the cervix is grasped and mild cramping may occur as when the sample is collected.
There are many possible techniques and the most common uses a thin, pliable instrument to suction a small amount of endometrial tissue from the uterus. Another method uses an instrument called a curette.