Before I started Geodone I had Hishimoto's disease and had lost over 100 #'s due to bulimia and some other healthy changes in my life. I have always had some problems with swelling in my feet/ankles/legs, dry skin, cracked sore heels, severe acne/cyst like acne (under the skin and never gets a head), facial hair, stomach/chest hair.

I had an EKG done before I started Geodone a little over a year and a half ago and it came back "normal" even though I had had some fainting spells (2 in the kitchen, and one in the shower...i would start to feel like i was "drifting into blackness" and then start to shake, collapse, and then i would come to looking up and wonder what the heck happened). I started the geodone being told that it would help me lose weight as i had gained some weight on the other medications that i had been on. That didn't happen. I gained weight like wild fire (80+ pounds in 18 months without trying, even with my bulimia) , had the shakes really bad that had to be treated with another medication, increased uncontrollable appetite, insomnia really bad. I also started to swell, but not only in my legs, but in my chest, in my stomach, in my back, arms, wrists and face. About 1 1/2 weeks ago I had had a really bad case of "whole body swelling" and i was wheezing, hard to catch my breath felt like someone was sitting on my chest, hurt to walk/stand, and my back was so swollen that i could not wipe myself after a bowel movement. I went to the dr in August, and he ran some tests (Not sure exactly which ones) but the only thing that came back abnormal was my Thyroid, he also took me off of the HCTZ and kept me on the lasix as I was having to take both after a visit to the ER in June because of the swelling. He did check my liver funtion and my kidneys too but they came back "normal". He upped my thyroid medications, and it seemed like my swelling worsened from 3-5 days a week to every day of the week. I have developed severely dry skin on my legs and arms. I have noticed it is harder for me to breath and gets worse when i am swollen. I have noticed that when my back it swollen it is achy and stiff to where I cannot bend at all to wipe or put my shoes on or even sit. I continuously wake up during the night even though I am taking 3 different medications for sleep.

I am wondering what the heck is going on and cannot seem to find the answer. I emailed a dr that I seen on a local news website and he never replied back to me. My ankles will swell every day along with my legs and feet too. If I am lucky my body will not retain fluid elsewhere, but it never fails, every day my legs and ankles are swollen if not right in the morning, by afternoon for sure. My mom has said that this is probably because of my Hishimoto's disease, however when I looked up the symptoms of it I discovered that heart disease is part of it, and i am wondering if Geodone can cause it too and what tests I can have done to try to see if it is indeed my heart that is causing me heartache. I am hoping that someone will see this and know how to help me. I looked on the different heart diseases that there are and noticed that "right-sided heart failure causes the symptoms that i've had (fainting, swelling of the legs, ankles, feet, abdomen, chest, face, shortness of breath, urinating more at night, fatigue, weakness ~not severe, but it is still noticeable~ weight gain)

Looking at the symptom list again it reminds me of when I went to Laureate Hospital (a mental hospital who also checks blood work, and physical health) The Dr who was checking my physical health and listened to my heart for a moment, took the stethoscope off my chest and asked if i had a heart murmur... that was the first time i'd been asked such a question which worries me.

Can someone please help me... I have a DR appointment coming up at the end of the month and would like to take something to the table for my dr to check into...

Thanks :'(

hello, My Name is sema. i read your promlem and I'm also facing the same problem with same symtium, it you got your solution so please convey the solution to me also. I'm will be thankful to you.

Regards

Seema

Hi, One my very close one having the similar, exact, symptoms. Did you get to know what is going on to cause those symptoms? Please let me know if there is any thing that will help us to identify these conditions. Doctors did lots of tests but not able to find the root cause to treat it.

Thank you so much. 

I am sorry, I cant help but wandering if you could keep me updated as I have exactly the same symptons buut I am not on medication with the exception of metformin due to having poly cystic ovary syndrom which is not related to this problem. the dr just look at me and say its because you are over weight! blood works and scans have come back clear on liver and kidneys was suggested to me that it could be heart related but I dont know how to make the Dr look into it I get all of the same was starting to think it was just me some days I can change clothes sizes in either direction by upto 2 sizes over night but is prodomantly my ankles feet right up to the knees and when it is all over is so painful please if you find anything new let me know and I will do the same :'(

I have same problems. I have gone to the doctor so many times with no answers and different doctors and the ER. I have had the best luck just searching the internet.I have tried to pay close attention to everything U do and everything I eat to try and narrow this down on my own. I have found that taking daily doses of grape seed extract found in vitamin section of store helps the pain and the swelling. Google it and read about it.