Three days ago I woke up with a small, hard lump at the base of my skull, which has become increasingly painful. The area surrounding the lump has become increasingly painful and tender, extending about 1-2 inches above the lump. I am currently 5 1/2 months pregnant. I was unable to get a doctors appt until tomorrow, in which 4 days will have passed with these symptoms. Is there any risk to my fetus if it is some type of infection? Will I be OK until I see the doctor tomorrow?

If it's an infection, drink lots of water. This always help to flush out infections. If you seriously feel like the fetus might be harmed, go to urgent care and get treated there, that way you don't have to wait for an appointment with a doctor.

Hello there.

This is some type of infection definitely. Since the location of enlarged lymph node usually pointing out on the place of infection I presume that it is either your throat, ear or sinuses or maybe even common cold but since you are pregnant this is not to be taken lightly. It is best to go to the urgent center and since you are pregnant I believe that you will be treated right away. In cases like this it is always better to be safe than sorry and even if they say it is nothing you go and visit your doctor.

Meanwhile drinking a lot of fluids is good, and not just to flush away bacteria but generally this is beneficial for your organism.