Hi. My 7 years old son is wetting in his bed, during sleep. I know bed-wetting, or so called enuresis, is quite common among children, but I am really worried. Don`t know how to help my son. What to do?

Hi. Bed-wetting up to the age of 5 is not unusual, but for a 7 years old boy it`s a disaster. Most kids outgrow enueresis on their own, without any kind of a treatment. However, if your boy needs a treatment, there a two options – behavior therapy and meds. You should try an alarm system that rings when the bed gets wet. In that way, the child will learn how to respond to bladder sensations at night. Give your son a reward when bed is dry. Make him change the sheets when he wets.

We have a bedwetter age 8.  We have been to the doctor and no reason can be found.  We were told that it sometimes happens for non medical reasons and it should be soon outgrown.  We do use night time protection to keep the bedding dry and keep the child comfortable.  It does work and is a big help in that we all can get a good night's sleep.