My son is 6 years old. How can I help him stop wetting the bed at night? But he's fully trained during the day. I remember that I used to wet in bed when I was his age. Maybe it is hereditary. Anyway I need some help here. Thank you.

Whatever you do, try not to scold or punish your son for wetting the bed. You don't want to make him feel bad about something he can't control. Although most experts consider bed-wetting normal until age 6, when only 10 -15 % of kids still wet the bed. And if your child is a deep sleeper, the process is even more difficult. He hasn't yet learned to wake himself up and head for the potty when his bladder feels full. I understand your problem, but I can’t tell you how to stop it. However, I doubt that it is something hereditary. Anyway, I think it is the best to ask for professional help.

We read your article and would like to help. At the Enuresis Treatment Center we have helped thousands of people overcome bedwetting. Bedwetting, or Enuresis, is actually a problem based upon abnormally deep sleep, one that is so resistant to arousal that the bedwetter's brain cannot automatically keep the bladder shut during sleep. Our experience shows that one should not wait until the child outgrows the problem, because then they are still left with a sleep disorder that can no longer be treated. We have put together a guide to help people evaluate which treatment would work best for them. We invite them to download this free of charge at freebedwettingguide.com.