Hi! I'm 23 yrs old, female, healthy as far as I know.

As a kid I had problem with nocturnal enuresis.Infact I use to wet my bet till about 7-8 yrs.After that, I had one episode when I was 15 yrs. I had gone to some relative's place. After this I had 2-3 otr episodes, one in someone else's house and one in my own. Note these 3 episodes were separated by several years. Infact the last one I had was 2 yrs ago. Today, early morning I wet my bed again.Again I have actually come visiting my parents but I've been here for over a week now. And the last time, I was at home only.

Also I travel a lot---and don't have this problem always, so don't know if it's travel-stress related(i'm sure i don't have any)
Also these bed-wetting cases are accompanied by some dream, never unpleasant or scary, that i am in the toilet,urinating on the pot as is normal.andthen i would suddenly realise i'm in bed and wake up. another thing, i don't empty my entire bladder during this, i mean once i realise i'm bed-wetting-i can easily control and go to the bathroom, so i don't know if it's a case of small bladder or too much presuure.
another thing, when i had stopped bed-wetting at 7 yrs, i had come to understand that my bedwetting was triggered by this urinating dream. so, that's the whole story!

Please help...this is very embarassing.
Also, I've had that dream several more times but have controlled myself after realising that THIS IS THE DREAM!! Anyone with similar experiences or any help/opinion?

I have this happen to me every once in a while....in the bed I share with my wife. Usually when I have a cold or something, but sometimes for no reason at all. When I'm sick, I try to wear a diaper to bed so my wife doesn't get wet....which is embarrassing as all get out, but what are you going to do? But usually when it happens, I have "the dream" - I usually wake up half way through when I'm just wearing boxers, but not until I'm done if I'm in a diaper. It sucks, but if you take precautions when possible, I'm sure we could have worse medical concerns.

yep, i'm the same way - cold or flu, i have protection on. it's a a heck of a lot better than waking up wet. the wife is fine with it. i usually don't have this dream but remember it from being a kid

I thought I was the only adult man that wet his bed when he was sick - glad to hear there are others. I am 27 and I wear diapers to bed when I have the sniffles. Last time I was sick I woke up after falling asleep on the couch, no diaper, but needing to go, but after sprinting to the toilet, I had wet my PJs. My wife, who is understanding about the bed wetting, was not happy with me. She said I should be able to hold it when awake, but I mean, I really had to go and there was no stopping it. She made me wear a diaper the next two days; didn't have another accident thankfully.

Now I have another cold, and instantly she had me wearing a diaper during the day. I wasn't happy, but just a half hour ago returning from a quick run to Walgreen's, I peed myself. She wouldn't let me go at Walgreen's, saying it would be too tough with the diaper. I said fine, but then I ended up squirming in the car, and three blocks from home I lost control. I didn't tell her, but she could tell since I had been squirming and then froze. She scolded me like I was five years old, I guess I deserved it, but man I feel stupid. I NEVER pee myself in the day, and hadn't before the last two since I was probably 11 or 12. Lots of close calls when sick, but never wetting like this. She thinks I'm a baby now, I gotta do better. Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

yes also i have bed wetting during wenter time .my wife understanding that but my ? do you think need to uusing diaper ,

To the guy that posted on 1/11/09; you did not deserve to be scolded! You asked to go potty and she didn't let you! My hubby is a sweet guy who, whether sick or not, simply doesn't always make it to the bathroom in time. There are lots of situations where we with normal bladder capacity and control are very lucky that we are able to hold it until we can use a toilet. But not everyone can every time, and your wife should understand that! My husband does a good job of trying to go before car trips and when leaving stores and such, but sometimes we have accidents, probably once a month. No big deal, I hug and kiss him and tell him it's okay. And on the odd occasion he wets the bed, we strip the bed together and he gets changed and we cuddle back to sleep. It's nothing to make that big a deal of!

Agree that the guy from 1/11 doesn't deserve to be scolded. My fiance as well has accidents sometimes; he's like a 3-year-old, always holding it until the last second. That's when he gets in trouble. If we're on a car trip and can't make it in time, then he has nothing to worry about. Our almost-3 year old daughter has less accidents than he does and hasn't wet the bed for about four months now. He went back to diapers at night six months ago when he started wetting the bed about every other night. He still wets at this rate. Again, not his fault, the poor guy. But sometimes it is his fault. He had changed his diaper the other night after he had wet. Then he was dry a couple hours later when our daughter came into the room, and they turned on cartoons together and laid on the floor.. I was reading the paper when I looked over the top and noticed he was laying on his tummy and grabbing his crotch and squriming. I try to remind him to go whenever I see him doing this, but I figured he's diapered, so let's see if he can do it himself. He squirmed on and off for the next 10 or 15 minutes, just completely mesmorized by the kids' cartoons. Finally, he thrashed about and then froze, and I knew he was wetting himself. After several seconds, his jammie pants started to get wet, as did the carpet beneath him. Clearly the diaper had leaked, and it was only then that he got up and started to run to the potty. He got about six steps and then turned back around. Our daughter asked in the sweetest voice, "Did you have another accident, Daddy?" My hubby just blushed, looked at me, and didn't say anything. I decided that although I didn't want to, I had to scold him in front of our daughter, how TV wasn't an excuse to put it off, etc. I then told him that I was going to make him wear a diaper the rest of the day, and he agreed. Just an hour later, he did the exact same thing playing dolls with my daughter. Now that's an accident to be mad about! I am convinced he is not potty trained.

My 15 year old son has this nighttime accident sometimes, and also puts off his bathroom visits too long like some of the other guys mentioned on here. He wet his pants at the grocery store today, so bad his shoes were water logged...poor kid. Boys are just so bad at using the potty!

I am thinkning that your wife needs to be more understanding. It sounds like there is probably something wrong with your health. I would go to the doctor as soon as possible.

This has been happening to me a few times of late. Not consistently, but like you, it happened once about 10 years ago but in the last 6 - 12 months it's happened about 4 times. I don't mind telling you I'm getting a little worried that it's been happening more often. Always starts with the dream though. A normal dream (as normal as dreams get anyway) and then suddenly in the dream I go to a toilet and pee. A lot! I'm a heavy sleeper so it's often too late by the time I realise it's a dream and I wake up wet. Fortunately I am no longer married so it's not an issue with a partner, but it's embarassing all the same.

I'm 31 years old and have night accidents. I never have day time accidents but none the less it's extremely embarrassing! My wife is very understanding about the,"situation". We have overnight diapers that I SHOULD wear every night but i feel ashamed of having to wear A DIAPER. I don't wet every night but it's enuf that I should have protection on. My problem is the dream thing too but sometimes I can catch it before I wet the bed. That's not usually the case tho. I feel ur pain

I'm a 24 year old woman, and for the last 5 years or so, I wake up 1-7 nights a week (varies greatly) having started to just wet my PJs. Not a lot, my bedding doesn't even get wet most of the time. For the first 4 years, for the vast majority of the occasions, I was able to get out of bed, hustle to the bathroom and finish in the toilet. A lot of times I didn't even change my pajamas since they were barely wet. I was a bit upset for the first couple of months over the (slight) bedwetting, but over time I got used to it and I wasn't embarrassed anymore. Every once in a great while, I would wet for several seconds before waking up, and also, perhaps a bit more common (but still quite rare) I would have an accident on the way to the toilet while awake. Each of these happened maybe 5-6 times/year, and after the first couple of times, it didn't bother me.

Over the last year, I have started to have an accident on my way to the toilet after the slight bedwetting almost every time it happens. My bedroom is on the upper level of my house, and the closest bathroom is a level below. At least one night a week, but usually 3-4 nights a week, I completely wet my PJs on the way to the bathroom. I literally can't hold it until I get there.

This isn't bedwetting per se, but it's a problem. I don't have a dream, but I ended up going through many pairs of jammies. It was tough to keep up with the laundry, so I bought Goodnites at the store which fit me just fine. Less embarrassing to buy than adult diapers. They leak sometimes but generally keep my jammie pants dry. In the last year I have also had a few other daytime accidents, and in the last six weeks, I have had about 2-3 each week in addition to the ones in the middle of the night. I know I don't have a UTI since I have had a few in the past. I mentioned it to a couple different doctors, but they said young women can sometimes have accidents and it's likely nothing to worry about.

I'm not really embarrassed about the nighttime accidents anymore, but I sure wish they would go away. Goodnites are expensive! Of course, daytime accidents are embarrassing, and several have been in public and been full or near-full wettings. Because of this, I'm ashamed to say, I have begun wearing the pull-ups during the day :(

Does anyone else have experience with bladder control weakening considerably like this in their early 20s? I had accidents as a child until I was 7 or 8 but never really wet the bed much. And I guess I don't now. My body wakes up, I just can't get to the potty in time. LOL, it sounds like I'm 3 years old. I had an accident in front of my nephew today, and I was just so thankful I had a pull-up on, otherwise he would have known (he's 11, he probably would have teased me unmercifully).

Anyway, please reply with any advice that could help. Thanks.

A couple of years ago my husband started to regularly not be able to make it through the night without wetting his PJs. Initially I was worried about his health, but his doctor assured us all is okay. My husband then revealed that he had wet the bed regularly until about age 14 and occasionally until around age 24. We met at age 25, married at 26 and he was now 28 and starting to wet again. Once I knew he was okay, I was relieved. Some nights he would actually wet the bed, but most nights he would wake up after only just starting to pee, would be able to stop it briefly only to have an accident in his jammies on the way to the potty. After dealing with this for about 4 months, I finally convinced him to wear a diaper to bed. He got over his embarrassment after only a few nights and now sleeps much better. He no longer wakes up to pee, it just comes out in his sleep in his diaper. I actually have now gotten to the point that I think he looks cute with his poofy diaper butt in his pajamas. When we went to Vegas a couple weeks ago, I made him wear one for our trip since he might fall asleep on the plane. He didn't even make it that far, he actually had an accident in the security line and had to go through with sopping wet pants. Needless to say he was happy to change his pants and into a diaper after that. He did end up wetting himself on the plane but while awake. The seat belt sign was on and squirm as he might, he couldn't hold it long enough. These two accidents highlight an increasing trend in daytime accidents in the last 6 months as well, as he is averaging about 1 per week. He revealed to me a couple months ago that in addition to the bedwetting as a kid, he often waited too long and had daytime accidents too. All the way into a couple years past college! Last night he wet his pants watching TV; I watched him for a while as he put off going, and when I finally asked if he had to go, he said yes, but had an accident on the way to the potty. Didn't totally soak himself but wet his pants regardless.

I just think some people have a harder time than others. We're going to visit his mom this weekend, a 3 hour drive, and he knows that I want him diapered for the trip. At his mom's I don't care, he can be in underwear. At Christmas, on our way home from the store we were in traffic; he was in the backseat and I was in the front seat as his mom was driving. We were talking, and all of the sudden he announced 'I have to go potty, it's an emergency.' She told him to try and hold it and then asked if he still wets his pants occasionally. I told her he's taken a turn back to childhood levels lately. Within a minute or so he announced he'd had an accident. She told him it was okay, and I did the same. As we turned into her driveway, he started to whimper that he'd pooped in his pants. I expected his mom to be shocked, as I was since that had never happened before, but she simply said, don't worry, we'll get you changed. She turned to me and asked if he was back in diapers at night. I told her yes, and she said she figured since he seemed to be back to where he was when he was 10 or 11, when peeing and pooping pants was commonplace. She suggested we diaper him for the day, and I readily agreed. We tag-teamed the clean up and putting the diaper on him. He cried and cried, but I told him it was for the best. I barely got his corduroy pants over his thick overnight diaper and told him to go watch TV. Looking back, I actually find it cute!

My husband has all of the sudden peed in his pants 6 times in the last 10 days, including once at work. I was worried about prostate stuff, but he told me that he used to pee his pants a lot as a kid and that he felt he was regressing. Poor guy!! He wet the bed last night too and was sucking his thumb when he woke up. I put him in a diaper tonight, he wasn't happy but it was for the best. Now I've been cuddling him in bed and was ready to roll over to sleep but I felt his front to see if he was wet and he was!! So I changed him real quick....poor baby :(