I have just turned 14 and have had problems wetting the bed at night for the past couple of months. This usually happens several times a week but not every night. I have begun going through puberty in the past year and started growing body hair, deeper voice ect... could it be related to this. 

Hi Guest

It could be related to puberty some guys start wetting the bed during puberty.
When you were younger did you wet the bed and then stop for awhile and now it has started again.
How are things during the day for you do you have any problems with holding your pee until you get to the bathroom.

Hi Guest

Also if you haven't done much to prepare for when it happens it might be time to consider wearing protection for the nights you do wet the bed.
Hopefully your parents have put a good mattress cover on your bed as well.
If you do a search for daily strength it is a place where there is good support for bed wetting.
Hopefully you grow out of it fairly quickly but for now it can't be helped.
It's frustrating that it happens but it is not your fault in anyway.
If you need to talk happy to try and help.

Hi, I did wet the bed longer than normal, I remember wearing nappies and also trying the alarm which didn’t work but it stopped fully by the time I was about 7. Do you think that means it is puberty related? I’m not having accidents during the day only at night.

There is a chance it could be related to puberty if there are no other things going on.
Stress can also bring on bed wetting with wetting until your were 7 it could be your bladder is still a bit underdeveloped.

Yeah most of that stuff they sell does nothing to help with bed wetting.
For now most likely you will just have to kind of accept that it happens some nights with wetting the bed before it makes it a bit easier to do what is needed.

Do your parents have any plans to take you to the doctor or do they you will grow out of it soon?
Are you coping ok with the bed wetting starting again?

I have been to the doctor once cos the problem wasn’t going away, but they couldn’t find any cause apart from ruling out a couple of things. I’m wearing pull ups at night for protection at the moment. I don’t like having to wear them but it is better than waking up in wet sheets and pajamas like I was before. My dad has put a waterproof cover on the bed and now bought me pull ups but I think he thinks I will grow out of it again and I haven’t been back to the doctors since infection was ruled out so I don’t know.

I feel upset and embarrassed about it a lot of the time.

It's great your parents have got everything well sorted for you.
Yeah the nappies suck but like you said much better than waking up with wet pajamas and bedding.

Its good you were checked out before most likely with them not finding a medical cause it in the past it hopefully is just a temporary flare up.

Just a reminder to about making sure you use the rash cream as well they can be very painful so best to keep it in check.

It is frustrating to say the least and it's easy to get upset and to feel embarrassed but believe me you can't help it that your having problems with wetting the bed again.

Do you ever wake up when your wetting or do you sleep through it and not know you wet the bed until the morning?

That site I told you about is really a good place for support if you feel you need it
I have talked to many with the same problem.

Hi Guest

How was last night for you did you have a dry night?
I always found the more I stressed over it happening the more likely it was to happen.
For now maybe trying to not focus on it and just look at it as a medical problem that you simply need time to grow out of will help you feel less upset and stressed over it.
Don't deprive yourself of fluids if you drink pop or juice high in sugar you could try drinking water instead of caffeinated beverages or drinks high in sugar.
A second trip to the bathroom before getting ready for bed is worth trying also.

Hi there, I was wet again last night. I nearly always sleep through the night except one time recently I woke up in the night and was sure I just wet myself as it felt very warm. Also one time last week in the morning I was kind of half awake but still really tired and sleepy and i’m sure I was dry when I first woke up and then wet myself and I knew as soon as I had wet my nappy.

I’ve not really had a problem with a rash at the moment but don’t have any rash cream. Do you think I need to be using this anyway? I haven’t spoken to my dad about this properly since he talked to me about wearing protection. Thanks for your help, Jacob.

Hi

Yeah it is the same for most I think sleep through it and don't feel the need to pee or feel it when you wet.
Had that happen as well proud of being dry the fell asleep and wet.
Just part of the frustration that goes with the bed wetting problem.
It is awkward to adjust to needing to wear a nappy but by far it is the best option.
There are lots with same problem hopefully it helps you to be able talk with someone that knows what your dealing with.
It is easy to feel isolated and alone when it comes to having a problem like this but it is pretty common.
Unfortunately it is a problem that is very difficult to admit to having among your friends .

Your welcome Jacob.
Glad to help had the same issue just for much longer.
It would be worth getting rash cream and to start using it with wetting a few nites a week there is a chance of a rash developing.
How sensitive your skin is makes a difference with getting rashes but it can easily happen and become very painful.

Mike

Hi Mike, yeah it is awkward having to wear a nappy again. None of my friends know about this problem. I haven’t had to avoid a sleepover or anything yet except one that I couldn’t have made anyway. Does feel lonely but good to know there are others. I have a younger brother who is 11 and dry which kinda makes it worse.

New Hope
It's no fun having to miss out on sleepovers and stuff like that but it's not easy to explain to friends about needing to wear a nappy and it just doesn't work going without one and hoping you have a dry night.
I found that out the hard way.
It's frustrating when it seems like your the only person with a wetting problem but many have had to deal with the same issue.
Hopefully your younger brother is understanding and realizes that you can't help it.
I was the only one in my family that had bladder problems and my two older brothers were not supportive or understanding about it.

Do you have to share your with your brother Jacob?

oops meant share your room