I would like to find out how to deal with my kid's problem. He is only 4 but bed wetting has become a huge issue. I see that he feel very uncomfortable and embarrassed because of it, but I am not sure how can I help him. Did anyone have success with bell and pad for treating bed wetting?

I must admit that I had a major problem with my kids when they had that problem. Luckily, that has passed long time ago. I did not use anything special, it stopped after a while, although I remember the younger one had the same problem again when he was six, but it also lasted short. I think that only if it does not stop in a while, you should be worried.

My oldest son is 6 now and is might have an occational bed wetting accident every few months. We have a big problem with him wetting the bed. I thought about the bell system too, but never did it. I did some research online about bedwetting and they said that 20% of children we the bed up to the age of 12 because they sleep so heavy and they cannot wake themselves up. We are going through the same bedwetting with out 3 years old. I just make sure that I put a pull up on him at night and I hope that he will grow out of it just as our 6 year old did. It does seem to help if you can take your child pee at least once in the middle of the night though. Good luck to you.

Hey winledbetter,

For the diagnosis of childhood enuresis the childhood must be at least 5 years of age, which should be a milestone that he has reached by now. If he is still suffering, the enuresis alarms (i.e. Bell Pad Apparatus) have been proven to have the best long-term efficacy. Additionally, be sure to reward him on mornings or the day after he is successful at not wetting the bed. Certain drugs, specifically desmopressin or imipramine, may be useful for sleepovers, family visits, etc., but no drugs has proven to have the same efficacy in the long-term when compared to the bell pad apparatus.

I wish the best of luck and would be happy to clarify anything for you

Excuse me, I was directing my response to "turner"