Hi! I'm 23 yrs old, female, healthy as far as I know.
As a kid I had problem with nocturnal enuresis.Infact I use to wet my bet till about 7-8 yrs.After that, I had one episode when I was 15 yrs. I had gone to some relative's place. After this I had 2 other episodes, one in someone else's house and one in my own. Note these 3 episodes were separated by several years. Infact the last one I had was 2 yrs ago. Today, early morning I wet my bed again.Again I have actually come visiting my parents but I've been here for over a week now. And the last time, I was at home only.
Also I travel a lot---and don't have this problem always, so don't know if it's travel-stress related(i'm sure i don't have any)
Also these bed-wetting cases are accompanied by some dream, never unpleasant or scary, that i am in the toilet,urinating on the pot as is normal.andthen i would suddenly realise i'm in bed and wake up. another thing, i don't empty my entire bladder during this, i mean once i realise i'm bed-wetting-i can easily control and go to the bathroom, so i don't know if it's a case of small bladder or too much presuure.
another thing, when i had stopped bed-wetting at 7 yrs, i had come to understand that my bedwetting was triggered by this urinating dream. so, that's the whole story!
Please help...this is very embarassing.
Also, I've had that dream several more times but have controlled myself after realising that THIS IS THE DREAM!! Anyone with similar experiences or any help/opinion?

I seriously have the exact same experiences. I wet my bed periodically when I was younger and now, at 24 (I'm also female), I'll wet my bed about once a year or so. I always have the same dream that I'm on the toilet and I'll start urinating. As soon as I start going it wakes me up, and I can stop mid-stream to get up to the bathroom. I brought it up to my physician once and she kind of looked at me and said "well that's bizarre", so I just let it go at that. I'll be curious to see if anyone else has the same thing and gotten it checked out. I actually have a UTI now, which kind of led me to googling this bizarre dream-related bed wetting. I'm going to see a urologist later in the week and I'll bring this up to him. I probably won't be back on this site, but please email me if you get any feedback!!
_[removed]_

Hi guys/gals I am a 27 y/o male and I have had the exact same problem, as a child I was a bed wetter till a late age and when i finnaly got over that I did not have anther episode till 20 then nothing till now. I am now 27 and this morning was having a dream that I was urinating in toilet and then awoke and was in bed going. Bloody embarrising and I remember the feeling of waking to this dream as a child
Why is this dream so common, and what can ya do about it?????????
I hope my next episode doesnt happen for anther 7 years.

Ok so I potty trained super early as a kid and this was never really a problem for me ever except for 3 isolated incidences: Once at age 7 in a hotel bed - NOW THAT IS EMBERASSING. Age 9 on a weekend trip to Disneyland with friends. Yea, emberassing. And finally at my cousins house when I was 14. I was so emberassed that time that I flipped the matress, cleaned what I could and never told anyone. Haha... The common denominator between them all is that I was traveling or in an odd place so I figured that must have been the trigger.
Then everything was peachy until I got married 3 years ago and since then I have wet the bed 5 times! Twice were in the past 3 weeks. I'm really worried about this and don't know what to do. Peeing a puddle next to your beloved is so unromantic. Some of the times I dreamed the toilet dream and others not. The time a few weeks ago I didnt even wake up when it happened. It wasn't til my alarm clock went off and I noticed that I was wet. I guess its time to go to the dr. :-(

i pissed the bed again this morning...i was dreaming that i had to take a huge piss and was in the washroom...when i pissed it bacame hard to control and started spraying up at me so i stopped...then the dream kicks in again this time i really have to go and decide to control it best i can...piss is going everywhere all over my hands pants the bathroom...so i jumped into the bathtub to help with the clean up....then i woke up pissing...it was alot....lol... i am 24 and have wet the bed at least five time in two yrs...i usually have dreams where i am pissing and before i stop it's too late...i contribute these events to alcohol and drug over-use...well maybe i should see a doctor...

I'm 23, female, and I have this same problem. I dream I'm on the toilet...and wake up in a puddle of urine. It just happened to me again, and I found this place after a Google search. My dreams are always different...but they all have me sitting on a toilet. This happens every year or so...except this year the same thing happened only a few weeks ago while visiting my parents. But today I'm luckily in my own house in my own bed. I'm just so frustrated...and having to do the wash really is a pain :/

Ive been having the same problem. I never peed in the bed as a child. I'm 29 and have peed the bed 3 times in the past 3 years with the same dream of peeing in a bathroom. I stop midstream when I realize I'm in bed but it almost seems that each time it has happened I have peed more before I wake up. In the dream I start peeing and I'm going for a bit but it doesnt come fast enough so I push really hard to get the flow going and then I realize and wake up.
Its really humiliating, and has only started once I got married. Luckily my wife thinks its funny but I need an explanation because this can't go on. Ideas anyone?

Exact same situation here... Not a bedwetter as a child but 3 episodes in last 6 years -- all exactly the same: Dreaming that I really need to go, doing so and not waking until I'm soaked.

Does anyone have professional information or opinions on this topic?

Yep, same here as the others, dreaming of going to the bathroom and woke up wet. :-( I haven't had this happen since I was 7. Hoping it doesnt' happen again.

I wet the bed every so often as a child, and I continue to do so as an adult. Like a few others on here, I am married. I am 28. I would say I do it 6 times a year when healthy, and many, many more times when I have a cold or flu. My wife is very good about it; when I did it roughly two weeks ago it was only a little bit and she gets me to laugh about it. Usually a dream about going, and I wake up to find I am, like everyone else.

When I am sick with cold/flu, I don't have the dream, but I am almost guaranteed to wake up wet. In fact, if I'm not feeling well, the wife usually persuades me to wear a diaper 24/7 until I feel better. I used to be more embarassed about it then I am now, since she is just very matter-of-fact about it. I end up at least dozing off every couple of hours or so, and I wake up with a wet diaper. If I'm sick for three days, I will go through 6-8 diapers a day, only using the toilet infrequently for urine. If I am sick for 3+ days, I usually have much less control of my bladder day and night for a week or two after; I will continue wearing and wetting a diaper at night, and I will wet my pants during the day a few times.

Yes, this is all embarrassing, and easier to write since nobody knows who I am. The biggest problem is that while my wife is great about all this, she tends to treat me like a baby when I am sick, and like a three-year-old if I'm in my "transition period" after a longer illness. About six months ago, after one of these illnesses, I wet my pants while we were mini-golfing. I admit, I did wait too long given the state of my bladder. But she looked at me and said "Uh-oh, did you wait too long to go potty, Joey?" All I could do was nod my head, and then she said I'd have to finish my round with wet pants since I "couldn't use the potty like a big boy." I was mortified and other people noticed and heard. We finished the round and my pants were just getting dry and I had another accident as we pulled into the driveway. She was very nice, but again, treating me like a baby, saying "Poor baby, you just can't stay dry, can you?" She then demanded that I allow her to CHANGE ME into a diaper for the remainder of the day. When I wet my diaper during the movie we were watching, she changed me. She'd never done that before or since. But it was humiliating. I felt I couldn't say no since she'd always been so nice about everything; but I think I need to have a talk with her.

I have the exact same problem as mostly everybody else: strange episodic incidents of bed-wetting accompanied by a weird dream of peeing at a toilet (sometimes in my dream it "feels" very uncomfortable, like my bladder is going to explode) only to wake up "mid-stream" and realize that i wasn't just peeing in my dream. It's happened about 5 times in the 12 months (I'm a 23 year old guy, before this year I hadn't wet the bed since I was a very young boy. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between amount of water I drink before or alcohol consumption, as it's happened when I was sober as well as drunk. My best guess is that it has to do with stress. The doctor, like always, is clueless.

The worst part about it is the anxiety that this causes when someone else is sleeping in your bed, seems like this could be a deal-breaker in a new relationship, or at the least, extremely embarrassing. Out of the 5 times this has happened to me this year, one time I was sleeping with a friend. I thought for sure I would be caught, but I waited until he got out of bed (lying awake in my own urine for over an hour), then I got a glass of lemonade (LOL) and spilled it on his bed, screamed "sh*t!" and proceeded to throw his sheets in the laundry!!! Worked like a charm

I have the exact same problem as mostly everybody else: strange episodic incidents of bed-wetting accompanied by a weird dream of peeing at a toilet (sometimes in my dream it "feels" very uncomfortable, like my bladder is going to explode) only to wake up "mid-stream" and realize that i wasn't just peeing in my dream. It's happened about 5 times in the 12 months (I'm a 20 year old guy, before this year I hadn't wet the bed since I was a very young boy. There doesn't seem to be any correlation between amount of water I drink before or alcohol consumption, as it's happened when I was sober as well as drunk. My best guess is that it has to do with stress. The doctor, like always, is clueless.

Hi all im male and I am 14 years old I have the exact same dream once every year or so and it always seems to be around this time of year. I am starting to think that it is because I travel to wales every weekend but I dont see how that makes me dream this stupid dream. As am 14 years old, I should be growing out of this kind of thing by now. I dont want to tell my mum because she thinks I gave this thing up when I was about 9. I had this dream last weekend but before i started to pee I woke up somehow (Lucky!), but last night I had the dream again and this time I peed enough to dampen my pants bu it didnt wet the sheets. Everyone on here has the same experience so a few less stories and some more explanations and cures maybe would'nt go a miss. Thanks

Hey everyone. yeah I'm a 19 year old male. And last week i had a dream in which i was peeing. Well long story short I woke up and was going. yeah embarasing =( And this morning i did the same thing. Same dream and all.
This just started happening to me last week. Ive never had this problem before. Any Ideas?

Well, I have to confess that I fall in the same category as almost everyone else, except the guy who gets sick and pees a lot (would definately recommend a re-evaluation of the nice wife, sounds a lot like some emotional and psychological abuse.). But, I have been succesfully dry since I was 19. In preparation for my coming marriage I really wanted to find an answer to this weird happening, hoping that I was not alone and that there was an explanation. So far my search has come up with these suggestions:
1. Bladder is too small (what? are they kidding? Why doesn't it happen every night then?)
2. Urinary tract infections or onset of Diabetes (ok, fine, but I've had infections and no bedwetting...)
3. Stress (Ya, I was stressed in high school and college....seems to get a little warmer to what the answer might be)
4. Mental, physical, sexual or emotional abuse as a child (hmmm....scary thought, does make sense with the fear factor.)

Well, hopefully we all will get some things figured out. Here's a short answer from a doctor