Hello. I have some questions about birth marks and I hope that someone could provide me some details.
My son, who is 4 years old now, was born with a big brown spot on his left leg, just few centimeters far from his knee.
When he was born doctor said that it is some very common birthmark and that it will disappear in a year or two. Like I have said earlier, he’s now 4 and that mark not only that it didn’t disappear but it become darker even more obvious.
I don’t know what kind of birthmark this is nor what is causing it but should I be worried?

First, I would like to tell you that you shouldn’t worry at all. The birthmark you have described is called Mongolian spot.
It is caused by grouping of melanocytes- the skin cells which contain melanin, the normal pigment of the skin.
Like I have said, skin normally contains melanocytes but they are deep in the skin and they are not so visible. When they come to the surface- they are causing phenomena called Mongolian spots. If Mongolian spots remain at puberty, they are likely to be permanent.
But the main thing you should know is that they do not predispose to skin cancer or any other problem so you have no reasons to be worry.