Hi, my boyfriend was infected with glandular fever. First, we all thought he was suffering from flue, but it turned out differently. His throat was too sore and his tonsils were swollen and heavily covered by a white coating. I am very concerned about him, and I’m wondering if anyone has the same disease as my boyfriend, to share some experiences with us.

Hi, I suffered from glandular fever. This infection is more commonly known as mononucleosis. This viral infection is caused by the Epstein-Barr virus. Beside sore throat and swollen lymph nodes, a symptom of glandular fever can also be extreme fatigue. I remember I could barely move because of my muscle and stomach pain. I was forbidden to drink alcohol and to have hard physical activities. There is no efficient treatment for glandular fever, but the best you can do is to rest, have hot drinks and plenty of fluids. Kissing is one obvious way by which the disease can be transmitted, because it is transferred in saliva. But don’t worry, your boyfriend could be infected via airborne droplets too.