Few weeks ago, I have noticed my husband has some urinating problems. I saw that because he woke up at nights and go to the toilet. He said that he noticed excessive urination, which made us worry. Can you tell us more about this problem of excessive urination, what does it mean? Are there some diagnostic methods his doctor might check him?

Medical term for excessive urination is polyuria. That is the release of abnormally large amounts of urine. For an adult, that is at least 2.5 liters per day. This is a fairly common symptom which is often noticed when it occurs at night. Common causes for excessive urination is too much fluid intake, particularly fluids that contains caffeine or alcohol. Too much salt or glucose, diabetes, renal failure, and sickle cell anemia are also things that should be consdered with excessive urination. For home care before your husband visits his doctor, he should monitor fluid Intake and output of fluids. When he go to the doctor, his medical history will be obtained and a physical examination performed. Medical history questions documenting the excessive urine volume in detail may include questions which might help doctor to conclude why excessive urination occurs. He should make an appoitment soon because that is the only way to find out more about his problem.

I have lost 26 lbs since Interstitial Cystitis took control of my life.

I attribute this to excessive urination.

I have to urinate as much as 30-40 times a day and am a virtual prisoner in my own home.

Ihave tried all the herbs and Medical Prescriptions and nothing slows me down.

Is there any hope to reduce this constant urinating?

Thanks