Does anyone know about Dr Brian Boxer Wachler eyewhitening surgery for pinguecula and red veins?

There are only 2 doctors doing this in the world

They use Mitomycin C to stop veins from growing

They remove the conjunctiva

Is this safe? ?

As best I know, there is no long-term study on the effectiveness of the procedure so I don't think that you can tell for awhile what the results are. Have you spoken to anyone who's done it? I'd like to hear how this went for someone else. Thanks!

No i have not talked to anyone who´s done it. But i saw this procedure on "the doctors" and i also know there is a doctor in Korea doing this (Dr Kim). He is the first doctor doing this. I do not know for how long he has been doing the eyewhitening but i know Dr wachler has done this for 10-12 mounths. I know that doctors sometimes uses Mitomycin when they remove ptrygium and some times in lasik/lasek procedures but not a lot of it. Mitomycin is also used in cancerpatients, eyecancer. Mytomycin can cause sceleral melting but maybe it has to do with how much the doctor use or how strong dose it is, i do not know? A lot of things is ok when you use a little.

I would love to see a study or something!

I definitely think it would be best to wait for a study before going through anything with that. It doesn't sound like it's harmful but there may be unintended side effects further on down the road. What else do you know about mitomycin?