My husband woke up this morning with facial swelling. He looks like he is blown. We waited to see what will happen, but now it is 6p.m and he is still swollen. He is not allergic on anything; at least we don’t know he is. What could be the cause? Should we go to ER?

Facial swelling can occur for many reasons, like allergic reaction, or some salivary gland infection, mumps can also cause swelling on one or both sides of the face and neck, sinusitis… I have often facial swelling from sinusitis, but I have like 4 different types of drops that I use in that case, anyway as long as the swollen area is not red or tender, it is not usually a cause for concern. I think he should call his health professional for an evaluation.

Hi vogler,
Im trying to diagnose myself after doctors could not find anything wrong with me. I have has sinisitus for about 2 weeks now and within the past month I've had red itchy blotches, like welts, appear on my sides, armpits and neck. Come morning, this is usually followed by swelling of either right or left of my upper lip and eye. Doctor says I might be allergic to something, but Ive had sinisitus many times before and been treated with the same medication. Im not allergic to anything.
My grandmother and mother were anemic during points in their life, could this be a symptom?
Cheers
Jen