Hey, I'm wondering if I could be pregnant. I took an at-home test yesterday when I realized I was nearly a week late, and it was negative. It was EPT, if that matters. I had terrible cramps today, and I thought maybe it was just my period coming a bit late, but so far no real bleeding. I had a small spot of light red blood, but it didn't seem like what I've read about implantation bleeding. It wasn't brownish, although it was sort of pink. Still no real bleeding, and usually my cramps and bleeding arrive at the same time. I've been very tired, but I'm not sure if that could be due to stress or not (I'm a graduate student.) But my main question is about the faint little line on my belly. It's *not* dark, but it is slightly darker than the rest of my skin. But I read that that line, leading up to the belly button, doesn't usually show up until 15 weeks, and if I'm pregnant I can't be nearly that far along.
I'm 24, so I'm done with high school, done with college, almost done with grad school, I've been in this relationship for years and I know he's the one, and I can do this if I need to. But it's really not in my plan right now......... So I'm pretty nervous.

Anybody know how accurate EPT is? Any reason it might give me a false negative? Any other reasons I might be late-cramping but not bleeding?

Thanks in advance for any tips! :-)

Preg tests should be taken on the first day you miss a period if you suspect pregnacy. They detect a hormone that is very small in the begining, but over a few weeks strenthens. Most tests cannot detect it untill three weeks after you concive. So it could say neg now, and pos later. Only a blood test by your doctor can pick up trace hormones

Well I took a blood test today(not sure which type) and it came back neg. I was a little bummed, but I am thinking now that the test was pointless to take anyway because it would have come back neg even if I am preg. See I had unprotected intercourse with my husband about 8 days ago, and I have been having some spotting over the last 3 days. My period isn't due for like another 12 days or something like that. I don't usually pay attention, but now I wish I did. So, my question is since my blood test came back neg so soon, do you think it was pointless to take test today or should I just get the whole pregnancy thing out of my head for now?

Not really sure, But time will tell. If your doctor saids you arnt, Im think its safe to assume. Its still early, But for now, consider its negitive. Take another test in two weeks, one of the over the counter kind should work.

I had my period on 9/17 about two weeks later I had spotting after going to the restroom. I am pretty accurate with my period. I am in a 28 or 29 day cycle. I'm not sure if I'm pregnant because it's been 32 days now since my period and I have been only spotting very light, not like my period. I took an ept test on day 30 and it came out negative. I had tremendous cramps on day 28 and 29 but no bleeding. Could I be pregnant? My husband and I have been trying for a while now.