hi, so i had unprotected sex on christmas day, which was the day i was ovulating. i knew i was ovulating because of the discharge and cramping. shortly after i had period like symptoms faint cramps, sore nipples. the only odd thing was really bad gas. i just knew my period was coming. it was due last sunday but never showed. so i tested at four days late and got a negative, but here it is seven days late and still no sign on my period. and the symptoms are completely gone. is there a possibilty that i still could be pregnant just tested too early?

Hi guest,

Sometimes the tests don't work.

Make sure you are using your FIRST morning urine.  It is more concentrated so more likely to give you an accurate result.  Usually I suggest testing 7-10 days after your period.  It takes time for the hormone, hCG, that the tests look for to rise high enough to be detected.

Did you notice any light spotting the week before your period?  That is a good sign you may be pregnant.

i did not have any spotting but i did have cramping the week before and i just knew my period was coming, but no sign of it

It is possible to skip a period. Still, I'd suggest you wait a week then test.