hi i am a 20 year old female who has had alot of chest pain and discomfort lately. My mother used to suffer bad from anxiety attacks when i was younger and she would always rush to the hospital (we actually lived next to one pretty much). I just got back together with my boyfriend and we just up and moved to kamloops. i have been under alot of stress with moving, working, my child and much more. I feel happy most of the time. my chest pain is not when i am at work (physical job) or when working out. Now im not going to lie i am a regular pot smoker and i smoke about a half pack a day. I have had 3 Ecg's , blood work for cholesterol, lipid blood test, chest x-ray and full physical at doctors office. Everything is normal. One time when i was alone at home with my son i got bad chest paih and felt dizzy and like i could faint (exactly how heart attack seems) so i called 911. when they got there and checked all my vital signs everything was normal and they said i had perfect blood pressure. I am so confused and dont know if it is heart related or what it is. all i know is i feel too young to go through heart trouble. I just want to feel healthy again.

I' ve been having this for about a year now..almost every day....have you found anything that works... ? I'm getting ready to see doctor on this..it comes out of nowwhere...and lasts hours..it's tough to nail down..

When I read your post, I was shocked.. I am 20 years old, have a child and a husband, I am a regular pot smoker and smoke about half a box of cigs a day, and I get chest pains everyday and suffer from anxiety like my mom did.. (scary but true).. I realized this post was from 2 years ago and I'm wondering how where you able to deal with it, did you ever get a clear response from a doctor? I assume that what I am suffering from are panic attacks, but I always have my doubts since the sensations are so intense (like I'm about to die) and I really think that I have a health problem. I would really appreciate a response, I don't have medical insurance and haven't been able to see a doctor and I'm desperate for answers.. Thanks.

Believe me, chest problems are commonplace when you're anxious. It sounds to me like you might be having a panic attack--and part of that panic attack will make you think it's NOT a panic attack. Does that make sense?

Have you guys found out the reason for this? I have the same problems and I am 21. I also get palpitations and what seem like skipped heart beats.

the sensation of skipping heartbeats is hyperventilatio

over a year ago, and i found this why? because im going the exact same thing now im 20 male. i felt faint dizzy tingly numb hot flashes numbness heart was pounding out of my chest... i hear thats just what panic attacks are like :/