Hi, I have a weird problem. My fingernail stopped growing. I’ve never heard of a case like this before, and I could really use an advice what to do, to make it grow again. Does it have something to do with my nail biting?

Finger nails are made up of a protein called keratin. They grow constantly, from their root to the finger tip. If your finger nail stopped growing, it is probably because you injured it. It is possible that your trauma is caused by biting nails. Stop doing that, it is a very bad habit! If it is infected, you can use Naftin gel, and take some medications like Cephalexin. However, your final choice of medications must be confirmed by your doctor, because he/she knows your whole medical history. There is couple of things that might help you with the nail growing. For example, use vitamin B complex, because it contains biotin, which is very good for the nails.

my nails have stopped growing. my health is very bad,one thing I cannot keep iron in my body.
I have been taking iron pills, had to stop, they were making me sick.

my message has already been sent. why don't you answer

I HAVE THE SAME ISSUE, MY RING FINGER NAIL STOPPED GROWING AND IS THIN AND BRITTLE. DID YOURS EVER GROW BACK WHAT WAS THE DIAGNOSIS?