Hi im becky an im 13 yeard old an well i have had a gooey thing comming out of my private part an ive seen it in my under wear allot of times,i did finger myself sometimes an i dont know if its normal for that to happen, an sometimes it smells weird an i try to tell my parents especially when i live with my father, please help , i really need answers

Hi Becky.

first of let me ask you, have you started your period yet? what you probably have is discharge, which his normal for us girls. its completely normal. Its your bodies way of cleaning itself out. now about the fingering, its normal. when you are aroused that gooey stuff you call, is basically a "lubricant". now for smell, has it always smelled like that, or have you noticed a different kind of smell from the norm? because if it has a "different" smell from your normal smell it can be a infection. so if it looks different or smells different from the usual, then I suggest you see your doctor about it.

Hi Becky! Well there are a lot of varying factors about that "gooey thing". The gooey thing you are referring to is called discharge. It is normally milky or clear and it can increase in frequency if you become aroused or are ovulating. Ovulating is usually in the middle of the time between your periods. Ovulation is when you are most fertile because an egg is waiting to be fertilized. When it isn't the lining of the uterus sheds and that's what your period is. There can be circumstances when discharge is abnormal or not right. If your discharge has a fishy or bread/beer smell this can be a sign of an infection. If it smells like yeast or bread that's a yeast infection and can be treated with medicine at a local store. It's usually accompanied by itching, and milky cottage-cheese like discharge. A fishy smell can be associated with an infection called Bacterial Vaginosis. This is just a regular bacterial infection but it needs to be treated with specific antibiotics prescribed by your doctor. Yellowish or grey discharge is associated with BV. Good luck!