Hi, I and my best friend have joined the gym in order to shape up. At first the workout routine was very hard, since we have never worked out before. But now we would like to improve the workout, since the exercises we are doing are not challenging any more. The most boring ones are the flat bench exercises. I mean how many of the flat barbell bench presses can a man do in a life time. Is there some way we could make the workout on the flat bench more interesting?

Hi, it is true that after a while doing the same routine over and over again can become a bit boring. And I feel that the exercises done with less enthusiasm are providing not so great results. So changing the routine every once in a while can prove to be useful. I agree with you that the flat barbell bench presses are one of the exercises that a person can get bored with very quickly. However, this is a very effective exercise. There are very few exercises that involve so much muscle work. That is why flat barbell bench presses are an essential exercise for the chest muscles. Maybe you should concentrate on the workout routine as a whole and not on the particular exercises. It seems to me that you are actually tired of the workout program you have been following for a while. There are many workout routines you can choose from. You should talk to your trainer about this. Once you change the order of the exercises, their frequency and maybe the weight you have been lifting, maybe the flat barbell bench presses won't seem that boring.