Hi, I am planning on going to the gym. I have a lot of friends that are working out. They all keep talking about weight lifting and one thing especially. It is decline bench. One thing they talk about all the time is how much they can lift on barbell on decline bench. What exactly does this mean?

Hi, I think your plan to start going to the gym is just great. It is always good to be physically active. Decline bench is a bench that is elevated on one side. The legs are on that side and the head on the other. It can be used for training of almost every muscle. Lifting barbell on decline bench can be very exhausting. But using it makes the building of muscles more efficiently. When you put the muscles to the limit by the use of barbell and decline bench, they get injured. As they recover, they form a new tissue and as a result muscles get formed up. Same goes for abs. Anyway, it will all be much clearer when you start going to the gym. The instructor will explain it to you during the exercises.