Hi! I'm considering having Lasik. I collect information about Lasik. What are floters? Are floters possible Lasik complications? Is there cure for floters?

Hi! I didn’t have Lasik, but I have floters. Floaters are small particles of the inner eye that float around in the clear liquids and gels within the eye. They are common among all people, but can be created or exacerbated by conventional or custom wavefront Lasik. Existing floaters can be disturbed by almost any eye surgery. During Lasik, the pressure inside the eye is elevated when the microkeratome vacuum ring is attached. Extended elevated internal pressure can cause minor to major detachment of the vitreous or retina. Such detachment can cause floaters or other more serious problems. There is no cure for floaters, however the brain seems to become accustomed to them and will ignore minor floaters. If you have a history of floaters or problems with the vitreous or retina, it may be wise to be evaluated by a retina specialist before having Lasik.