I am 48 years old. I have had seasonal allergies most of my life. The older I have gotten they are not as bad, however I have been having some reactions to foods in the last year. I will react from almonds, hazelnut and sometimes different melons. This evening I had a pasta Lean Cuisine for dinner and shorly after I finished I started to feel the left side of my face swell starting under the ear and ending under my check bone. I have some swelling in my fingers and a little tingling. I do feel a little lump right under my cheek bone, maybe the size of a pea. Tender right under my ear

Menopause can cause you to develop food allergies. As far as if they are permanent, I don't know. You can also develop sensitivities to chemicals in foods. The little lump may not be an allergic reaction, I'd have that checked out. Try eating whole foods prepared by yourself and see if that makes a difference. A good rule is if something pre-made has more than 5 ingredients, avoid it, if there's an ingredient that you wouldn't see in a recipe, and if you can't pronounce an ingredient, avoid that, too. Potatoes, no matter how they're made, make my fingers swell, so I avoid them. Too much sodium would do that, too. Processed foods are full of sodium. Also, take into consideration that your body may be going through a transition. :-)