I just found out today after going through a gamut of testing that I have Central Pain Syndrome.
It's been 2 years since my surgery, countless hours of PT, TENS, Injections, Urodynamics, EMG's, MRI's, bouncing from doctor to doctor. Finally found a neurologist(s) who understood and could put all the pieces together....
It's not a good diagnosis, but it's good to know what's going on I guess. I was in a violent car wreck and had brain, neck, arm, and spine injuries. I also broke out with Shingles twice after the wreck. Neuro thinks the severity and duration of the injury to my central nervous system caused CPS when my nerves were decompressed from surgery. It was about a year from the time of the wreck until I had surgery. Symptoms pre-op - Severe (10/10) Right leg sciatica (and everything that came with it), Mild (5/10) Left leg sciatica.
Symptoms post-op - Totally numb and weak left leg, toe to thigh, Random strong stabbing pains all over my left foot, strong burning sensation in my left foot that coincided with bladder filling up.

Aside from the pain and lack of sleep, the most frustrating part about this has been the doctors not believing me.

Good luck to all of you experiencing similar issues.

Did This Ever Go away?

I cut my big toe while swimming and for months now have had pain right when urination begins. The pain has let up but I still feel a sensation right where the cut was 4 months later.

Mine hasn't gone away. I expect to live with these problems for the rest of my life.

If you look at reflexology maps of the feet, there are "links" to places all over, including the bladder. I prefer modern science but there's something to it.

I notice if I sit down and pee the pain strikes a lot more severe. Every time I stand and pee I have to curl my toes and put weight down on them to not feel pain. I'm getting too used to this routine but I still would like to know what's going on. Also sometimes if I cut my stream pressure in half I can get away with no pain sometimes.

Occasionally, I too have experienced this odd situation, however I have suffered with severe peripheral neuropathy for many years. For me the stabbing electrical jolt of pain is always on the side of my right foot, just below the little toe. It usually begins when I am awakened at night with a full bladder. It's hard to explain but it will happen the moment I become conscious of the fact I need to pee, or more precisely, the moment I "anticipate" the need to urinate.
I agree it's pretty weird but obviously real if others are experiencing it as well. Sometimes the stabbing pain is one and done while other times, like right now, it will take hours to subside. The eye watering jolts usually come about every minute or two and will only last for a second or two.
There is no question it occurs because of damaged and impaired nerves and unfortunately there is not much one can do to stop it.

My husband had the same problem a while ago and never found a answers..... Never taking seriously!

True. I too suffer same thing. There is relation between peeing and toe pain due to same nerve

It isn't in your head. When my butt cheeks are swollen and I have to pee, I begin to have a foot cramp. Until I am able to pee all the way or sometimes have to rotate my hips forward and pee, otherwise I begin to have the foot cramp then a charley horse.

We must find the answer.!have you noticed any other body issues after this started for you? I had a sharp feeling in my lower abdomin which would come and go. Then after that stopped, muscle aches everywhere...they always moved from legs to my arms to my neck.. after that, i had prostatitis...all has since gone away..except the toe pain while peeing. Going on 8 months now..

I feel this sensation on my first right toe when I want to urinate

Very similar.  For the last week, when I start to urinate my big toe on my left foot gets such a sharp pain that I actually cry out...lasts for 5-10 seconds. Sitting down vs standing up...it doesn't matter.  It doesn't hurt at other times...just when urinating.  The one idea that I'm wondering about is Aleve's Direct Therapy, which is a TENS device for the lower back.  I got one about 2 months ago and used it around 8 times...about once a week for the prescribed 30 minutes. I liked it, but since its nerve stimulation could it be the indirect cause?  I haven't used the Alleve device since my toe issue started.  My GP is puzzled and prescribed an anti-inflamatory for 5 days.  It does seem to be improving, but only slightly.  I go back to the doctor in two days to see what is next.

I think its interesting that I'm finding a number of people (all men I believe) with nearly the same symptom.   One I found with my exact symptom...left foot, big toe, hurts like crazy when peeing. 

I have got the same problem as you, left toe pain even the dorsal part of the foot while urinating. I`ve had it few months ago and it has gone after 3 months. It started again yesterday. I`ve been to osteopath but no significant improvement. I hope that you will find out what is the cause. I think that the anatomical realtion between the bladder and lumbar spine could be a reason. Unfortunatelly I`m pretty sure that it is a reccurent condition.

Im having the same problem but im a female and it tends to go away sometime after im finish urinating but my foot hurt like little needles poking all around