When my bladder is full, my right hand tingles, and the tingling becomes more intense and uncomfortable until my bladder is emptied. My doctor has never heard of this, but feels it may be connected to my diabetes.

dottie barr wrote:

Jamie Prideaux. I was diagnosed with MS after injection of Chemo papain into two discs at the L4-5 and L5-S1 levels, apparently the lower one shouldn't have been done as it was totally ruptured. Since this time I have experienced tingling and intense pain in my hands when I have a full bladder and when I am emptying. It subsides when it is empty. No doctor has ever heard of it before. I do not have diabetes. I continue to have these symptoms along with general discomfort tingling etc below midline. i have since been diagnosed as well with Perthes disease and undo gone one full hip replacement already. The operation has stirred up all the old symptoms.
Yet no one knows why!

My husband's left hand and wrist are numb and tingly when his bladder is full. The numbness goes away as soon as he starts to empty his bladder. This does not happen every time he has a full bladder. He is not diabetic and has no symptoms of MS. Any theories?

I too have the same problem and no medical history of diseases or disorders ... Dr. yesterday looked at me like I was crazy and said "now that's just strange" Please let me know if any of you have found any further information on this strange phenomenon that Dr's obviously are unaware of.

Has anyone found answers? I'm experiencing tingling in my legs intermittently, but always when my bladder is full. My neuro has no answers for me other than restless leg syndrome, which is just not right- totally different sensation.

Interesting. Outer two fingers of both hands ache when bladder becomes too full. Disappears immediately upon emptying the bladder. No medical history such as diabetes or other diseases. Never experienced this prior to prostatectomy. The ache serves as a good alarm system.

when i passed water both my hands and arms tingles, i don't have diabetes hope you can help me thank you Christine Lind.

Wow ! Others like me ? When i have a full bladder and relieve myself, my hands tingle just before I release and it intensifies for a few seconds while emptying. I've never been diagnosed with diabetes. Has been noticable for last several years. 68 yr old male.

When I have a UTI the palms of my hands hurt. Neither my primary doctor nor my GYN ever heard of this symtom. About seven hours after I start the antibiotics it lets up

To Dottie bar
I have pain in my palms when I have a UTI - I had a lamenectomy on my L4. And L5. That may be the connection

OK... I don't feel crazy now. I have been telling my family for years about the tingling and pain I get in my hands when my bladder is full. I have never mentioned this to my doctor, as I feel he would not believe me as I have never heard of this happening to anyone else. I am not diabetic, but have always had back problems. A few years ago I had surgery on my L5. I am just assuming that the hand pain has something to do with some nerves getting pressed on when my bladder is full.

I get terrible burning pain in my left hand when my bladder is full ... pain which subsides immediately upon urination.  I had a laminectomy in the C6-7 area with continuing pain in the left arm and hand for the next 10 years.  The burning pain phenomenon has never left.  I mentioned it to a nerve doctor who said I was crazy ... I don't think so after reading about the rest of you .... 60year old male ...

I get pain and tingling in my hands when emptying a full bladder. I

have never heard of this.

I have a pain in my right hand, and often down my legs, when I have a full bladder. It's always been this way for me. I wake up all through the night when my bladder fills to a certain point. 4-5 times, usually. I have spina bifida occulta on L5, and have recently damaged my L5/S1 disc. Glad to know I'm not the only one.

I too get a very strong tingly sensation in both of my hands when my bladder is full. I am a 67 year old female and have had this for as long as I can remember but it seems stronger now. I have no health problems at all. I have never heard anyone else mention this until coming across these comments.