I want to know how to stop regular foot cramping during swimming…help!!! I mean I really am annoyed of the foot cramping for I love swimming and sometimes it is just impossible for the regular foot cramping I have during swimming and than I miss whole the training without swimming at all for the cramping pain I am desperate now for. Help!!!

Have you ever reconsidered the fact what you eat and what or how regular you drink water. I swim a lot for I love it but at the beginning I was also having the same problem with regular foot cramping during swimming. But now I don’t have that problem anymore ever since I eat right I watch not to be dehydrated and also if you feel you are in constant fatigue this may also be the cause. Anyway I now try to eat one banana and orange per day, I eat green vegetables every day for that is how I provide myself the proper amount of potassium, calcium and magnesium and the fact is that it is proven that the lack of these minerals may cause regular foot cramping . but on the other hand if you have the persistent foot cramping problem than you should seek for a medical advice for the possible cause might also be more serious such as some vascular problem.

I have always found hopping out and applying weight to the affected foot solves the problem. It seems counterintuitive, but the spasms will stop and you can hop back in the pool!

Hi
Another consideration might be...How much are you swimming or training in between trainings? Could you be overdoing it, in addition to inadequate nutritional practices. If you are using weight, i.e circuit training or lifting.....do you have a balanced routine. Check the whole picture to see if you have a balanced program where one activity is complementing the other. In addition, have you ever injured you foot/ankle/leg, etc.? Could this be the result of an old, yet minor injury? Do you wear shoes that have adequate support, since you are an athlete, probably so, just asking. Could you be wearing shoes, at times, that may be aggravating the situation. As the previous post asked. Are you drinking enough water? These are questions that might lead to some solution for your problem. I hope this is helpful. Let me know how things go for you.

HI, I really like to swim, but i don't go that often to a pool. And every time i go I have cramps. And they hold mi for few seconds and they are gone. But i have them few times during my swimming and it's really annoying that i have to stop swimming and have to go outside of the pool. When I go to see, things are little different because, when I'm out there swimming, I can't just come back that fast. Sometimes it's even scary, it hurts a lot, and i get tiered fast. Is there some kind of gel or a medication for this??? I would really like to fell safe will swimming.