:-( HI MY NAME is not important. my addiction is! i am addicted to OC or oxy cotton. your kids may call it ill's to try to be sneaky. i am 23 years old and got hooked MY jr. year in high school. i went all league in football as a sophmore. then 1st game as a jr. 1st play blew out my knee. as i was being carried off the field college's such as ORE. OSU. WSU and BOSIE ST. all made sure to shake my hand as i got carried off the field and each said see ya soon :-) what i did not know, is that after surgery i would begin the biggest fight of my life. soon after surgery i found myself not only in a daze but proud of it. not being a big deal on the football field anymore i found myself trying to fit in with something i could be good at.(being the competitive person i am) and with the dr. giving me everything i could ever need to be a loser i susceeded. hense my horrable spelling. the dr. would prescribe me oxy. percoset vic's. the whole lot . if your kids ever get this sinful opertunity be sure to regulate and watch every move. no matter how good or how much you trust or love your kid. this drug they will love and trust more .not only that, but this will make them feel older or more responable because of there addiction. possibly just look rite past anything you say because of your lack in addictions. what ever you do . DO NOT EGNORE IT. just address the situation before it'S TO LATE and PLEASE ! PLEASE! PLEASE ! SAVE YOUR CHILD FROM A LIFE OF A SHAMEFULL DEGRADING ADDICTION. FROM VANCOUVER WA

Kudos for coming here and sharing your story. I too have been through it. Have been clean for 2 yrs off of percocet for 4 yrs and then suboxone for 2 . so my whole ordeal lasted 6 yrs. I think suboxone saved my life. I used it properly and while its true that it sucks to detox from it. It took me 9 days. The mental part was worse and took longer. My brain did not start to make its own endorphins or seratonin for about a year after. I am feeling great now. It was NOT easy. But It can be done and you can be happy again. It just takes time and be patient with yourself and others. Work the steps and find a higher power, for me Jesus. Stay in the moment , dont beat yourself down ( theres a whole world of people who are just dying to do that to you) be good to yourself. Take long showers, pray and keep faith . Each day you are getting well not sicker but better. God bless us all.