%-)
Hi iam currently on suboxone and trying to fall preganat, I need some advice. I have been trying to concieve for about 3 yrs now, I have had 2 past miscarriages and 1 ectopic ( I had my left tube removed) about 6 mnths ago. Can suboxone be the cause of my loss in early pregnancy. I was on methadone for the first 2 miscarriages, then I slowly reduced and my doctor swapped me to suboxone. I have been told that suboxone can effect an early pregnancy therefore subetex is better, but is this right. Is there anyone that has had a successful pregnancy on suboxone if so can you please let me know as Im very worried and confused. I have spoken to my doctor about swapping to subetex while im trying to concieve, but he says that I have to be pregnant before I can swap. I have had follow up appointments at the hospital in regards to the past miscarriages, and they have not found anything wrong and told meto keep trying. Will I ever have a baby or do I have to get off the suboxone all together to be able to have a successful preganancy. Please help. I dont want to go thru the loss again, I dont think I would be able to handle another loss. I have also been clean for 3 yrs and I have my life back on track.

I too am trying to conceive while myself and my husband both are on suboxone for a bad opi addiction.. I found this post because I am trying to find out if other people are having the same issues as me.. We have 1 child that is 5 but we were completly clean of everything when we conceived her.. We now have been trying for about 5 months and nothing I even track when i am ovulating idk if we are just not doing it enough or its the subs.. I mean im a healthy 24 year old the only thing I think maybe stopping us is the suboxones.. I dont want to quit them and go through the body pain unless I get pregnant!!! So basicly I just wanted you to know that your not the only one asking these questions.. Let me know what you have found out and i will do the same =]

Hey, you asked, "Is there anyone that has had a successful pregnancy on suboxone if so can you please let me know as Im very worried and confused"...so I just thought I would let you know what my experience was.

I abused opiates for several years then got in a car wreck from being wasted and decided I needed help, so I went to detox Dr. to get help. I was put on suboxone and had been on for over a year when I found out I was pregnant. At that time I was and had been married with 3 girls for 11 years and we were not planning on having anymore but neither one of us had done anything permanent to prevent it. I had a miscarriage about 5 years before this unplanned pregnancy and since then I've tried to be pretty careful most of the time and managed to not get pregnant again...or at least not again until I was in the middle of suboxone treatment.

Then, my detox dr immediately switched me to subutex and told me everything would be fine, and that the baby may have slight withdrawals when born but she reassured me everything would be okay. My o.b.g.y.n. had the complete opposite opinion, he told me to taper off as quickly as possible and to not look back. I really don't think he was aware of or understood my addiction because it wasn't that easy to me. But I tried to do as he said and taper off during my second trimester and I was successful. The withdrawals were not that bad, they just dragged on FOREVER! It took about 3 weeks until I started to feel better.

After being completely clean, for about 6 weeks, I broke my foot in 2 places. I couldn't handle the fact that I couldn't have any pain med's so I went back on the subutex which was very stupid, and I didn't tell either of my dr's since I had so many extra pills. I went through the remainder of pregnancy taking around 2mg's per day or a lit'l less and baby was fine. She weighed 9lbs 4ozs and had great apgar scores of 9 and 9. She did have a high pitched cry, sneezed constantly, and was much more fussy than any of my previous babies but not to the point of anyone including the dr's or nurses noticing that she was in withdrawals. I did nurse so I'm not sure if that helped at all. Anyway, it took her about a month to get over what I considered her wd's.
I did ask my pediatrician if he noticed her acting like she was going through wd's and I told him I had been on some pain med's that orthopedic surgeon gave me when foot was broken (because I was scared for the babies safety and health) and he said no. Anyway, I gotta run and I'm sure I've left out important stuff! I'll try to check back to see if you all have any further questions.

Yes, Suboxone raises your chance of getting an egg topic pregnancy and die-ing. Look at a Florida study when was suboxone invented and sold? 2008 to the mass population? SO in the the state of Florida from 2008-10 15 woman died of ectopic pregnancy? All the study says is that it has something with the word substance abuse?? NO its suboxone, it happened to my wife she almost died. You need to be careful. I have just had this weird thought, and i go-ogled it, then looked in the news and in records. I without a doubt in my mind know its Suboxone, its not heroin or oc, its the side effect of suboxone. Just as it makes you constipated. Slowing your metabolism down and being highly addictive. BE CAREFUL, I have noticed the effects are secret and nobody talks about them its just swept under the rug. Especially because people buy it from other people so its not noted on paperwork. BE aware suboxone has raised womans chances of ectopic pregnacy nationwide