For the past 2 days I have been getting relatively bad headaches, neck pain, sore throat, dizziness, and fever over 100 degrees. I was wondering if I could get any pointers twards what this could be, I come from a poor family and can't really afford to go to the doctor.

If you being to get a severe headache, you might want to be tested for bacterial meningitis. It could be life threatening. Good Luck.

Sounds like strep throat to me

well it could be strep throat or it could be mononucliosis, which can be mistaken as strep throat . you can get it from saliva exchange, you can get it form shaking someones hand who is infected with it you can get it from sharing food with someone. it's also known as "the kissing dissease" but still good luck...

YOU DON'T HAVE TO HAVE MONEY TO GO TO A DOCTOR!

Go to any public emergency room. They have to accept all patients, regardless of whether they can pay.

If you are sick, go to the doctor and get some help for yourself.

bull they will give you meds and help you but if your not an emergancy and not going to die they will do as little as they can and still try to charge you an arm and a leg. i know this cuz a comunity hospital did it to me enough drugs to lats thew the night then told to go see my own dr. then billed over $2000.00 from the hospital and another $500.00 from the dr. working in emergency your wrong!!!

Guest wrote:

Guest wrote:

I have had all the same feelings you have, when I went for a check up it turned out to be infected tonsils. so you might want to try a strong soar throat med, I'm 95% better but still taking the meds for the third day. I felt better that same day cuz I took the med, I was given what is called a Z-PAK that last for five days. Well hope this helps

I am also 17 and as of late I have had a fever, extreme fatigue, sore throat, killer pains in my lower back and neck, a slight cough, intense headaches and extreme sensitivity to light. I live in Canada, so I can take more advantage of getting to see I doctor I suppose. I have had Infectious Mononucleosis before this, and believe that it is mono, though I have been waiting for two weeks so far to get into the clinic and I still have a week to go. I am hoping that I can get in because someone has canceled their appointment. Everyone is so caught up in this swine flu ordeal. I went to the hospital a few nights ago in great pain and they didn't do any tests, but the doctor that was in the hospital is not a very respected doctor.

If It is Mononucleosis then the best thing for you to do is just take it easy and rest. The only medications they do give you is acetaminophen and aspirin (At least in Canada) and drink lots of fluids as to not get dehydrated. I hope I could have helped.

Oh, and I see someone posted about meningitis, there is a slight chance of it though I don't think so. The first time I had mono they thought I had meningitis. One of the worst experiences of my life. The doctors were scrambling giving me all kinds of drugs for meningitis, 2 spinal taps and a broken IV in my arm later I was on 4 T3s every 2 hours and couldn't sit up without being nauseous. Fantastic, right? >> Hope I am not scaring you. Anyways, best of luck and I really hope you get better soon!

Basically right now i have the same thing. Headaches, sore throat, neck pain, pain in my body, and a fever. My doctor told me I have herpangina witch is like a viral disease with ulcers in the mouth. It explains if you type herpangina on google. You may have that

Im 13 and this has been happeing to me also! I thought it was swine flu at first but I dont know what it is!

My boyfriend has been sick on and off for the last 4months he has just had blood work done so were waiting for the results to come in. His symptoms are, sinusitis, sore throat, head ache, sore neck, lack of energy, dizzyness, and loss of weigh. I beleive it's mono but I could be wrong,
? Any ideas anyone ?

Same here except I have been having constant chills as well as the symptoms you have mentioned, good god somebody tell me what it is!

Oh, and one more thing, I'm also having breathing problems.

I have been sick going on 4 weeks now. First it started with a cold then went to a severe sinus infection. Then i felt pretty good for about 2 days went to a wedding came home and went to bed for a couple of hours and when i woke up, my neck was so sore and could barely move it. My head was all foggy and felt like it was going to explode, it was throbbing so hard and loud and my throat was swollen almost shut. I can hardly swollen food or water. I have a slight cough. Now the pain has moved down to my shoulders. I take tylenol severe cold and it just relieves the symptoms enough to keep me comfortable. I have no nausea, no vomiting and no fever, just alot of pain discomfort and fatigue. I thought maybe another sinus infection but i have no congestion or sinus pressure.

As far as the comment about going to the hospital, I cant afford it either. I have no insurance, and yes i know they have to see me, but they do bare minimum and only give you enough medications to keep you comfortable for 24 hours or less. Then they give you this form to fill out if you dont have insurance. Almost everyone I know has been denied. To qualify for there program you have to make less than 10,000 a year. The state i live in, if you make 30,000 or less a year you qualify for medicaid...Kind of a catch 22 dont yah think. We make 32,000 a year, so we have a premium roll down. We have to pay at least 5,000 a month in medical expenses to qualify for medicaid for that month. Anyway, Once you have been denied for there program, they call you and harrass you every day for treatment a then it goes to collections, etc.

I had a similar problem two months ago. What happened was my tonsils became swollen and had pus on them. I had a fever, my throat felt like it was bulged though it wasn't, and i wasn't able to eat for a week.
afterwards I was really tired and fatigued and still not able to swallow enough food to sustain my weight.
Later, a doctors appointment show my thyroid was temporarily hyperactive.
Now, my thyroid is euthyroid, but my neck hurts, my sinuses feel congested, I'm still having difficulty swallowing, I am worried about my heart (though it sounds normal), I become out of breath when standing, and I become dizzy after prolonged periods of standing.
My question is: what is it and is it life threatening?