Celebrity

Hello guys, so I am a little bit worried about my health. I never had any sinus issues, but I believe that I do have those issues now. But, to cut long story short, I don't want to tell you when all about it, I am just going to tell you when did I notice that this started to happen to me. After wisdom tooth extraction. A couple days after this, when this pain went away a bit, I have noticed that there is something wrong with my sinus. So, is it possible I have a sinus infection because of the wisdom tooth extraction? Please, what do you think? 

Hello there. Yes, it is possible. Actually, your wisdom teeth can cause sinus issues, and sometimes those sinus issues can be really huge. I do know that sinus problems caused by wisdom teeth can range from pressure in the sinuses to headaches to stuffiness. Generally, this problem occurs when the teeth grow in on the upper jaw and it is a little bit complicated to do the procedure, since, there always is a risk for this, just like for an Infection after wisdom tooth removal, which is nothing unusual. So, yes - the removal of your wisdom tooth can result in an opening between your mouth and the sinus. 

Hi there. Well, I am sorry I have to disappoint you, but the answer is yes. Wisdom tooth extraction and removal as well can cause different sinus issues.  But also, you need to know that those issues are not frequently. For example, the sinus problems caused by wisdom teeth can range from pressure in the sinuses to headaches to stuffiness, it all depends. Now, when it comes to a sinus infection, I am not that sure. You know what is the main problem? Because a lot of people think that they have sinus issues and they don't. So, don't guess, go and check that. 

Celebrity

Hey, I see.

You know what the main problem is? It is there, then it goes away. I was fine after a couple of days when I posted this question, but now it happened again. 

I was wondering, is there any chance that this happens because of something else, for example? Maybe I am not dealing with a sinus infection? Because, if I do, I think that I would feel something else, I don't believe that this pain would just go away and then it is there again after almost a month? Could it be something else? Anyone with some similar experience? 

Sure it is. But honestly, I do believe that you are not dealing with an sinus infection at all, at least, it is not a sinus infection caused by wisdom tooth removal. Maybe you should check it, seek for another opinion just to see what is this, what is causing this issue for you. I honestly do think that you are over this wisdom tooth problems and that you are OK, but this headaches that you have (I believe that you have those) might be because of something totally different. So, don't worry much about this sinus issue related with a wisdom tooth extraction, because I believe that this is something that you lucky avoided.

Celebrity

Hello guys.

Thank you so much. I was just talking to some of the mine friends who actually are experts in this are, so they told me that this could be because I have some migraines. It seems that this has nothing to do with a sinus infection. And I am really glad that I am out of this. I will check this out, what has happened, why I have this problem. Anyway, thank you for giving me a support and of course, if you have some other things that might be interesting about this whole thing, I would like to hear, because I believe that so many of the people have this problem, since it is possible. 

It is possible to get sinus and bacterial infection after wisdom tooth extraction. Also, I think that this is one of the most possible complication of wisdom tooth extraction, this sinus issue, so I am glad that you don't have it. Those problems may occur when a patient is having an upper wisdom tooth extracted. Now, as the tooth roots are located close to the sinuses, there is a huge possibility for a sinuses to be opened during the extraction procedure. This all carries a risk of infection and it can be really nasty if its not treated on time.

Yes, but this critical opening it has to be closed. Because, if the opening does not close, bacteria from the mouth can travel into the sinuses which can cause this infection that we are talking about in here. I had it and it is not pleasant at all. So, in case if there is an infection, the hole in the gum cannot close and this can be painful. You need to know that, once that this happens, many patients are also given a course of antibiotics to prevent infection and to avoid the pain. Often, roots can be located very close to the sinus cavity.