Hi, yesterday my left wisdom tooth which has partially erupted last year started to hurt. It's not fully out yet but I've been able to see part of it for over a year now, anyway, today I woke up with a horrible pain, can barley chew, and when I swallow anything my throat hurts, so I believe i might be infected. Yesterday I also had a tiny black spot on the inside of my cheek, now today it's formed into a tiny blood filled bump, any idea what this could be? Should I go to the dentist and get it removed? Or wait it out? Oh and should I pop the blood filled pocket on my inside cheek?

Hello RichardJC....Please don't pop the blood filled pocket in your inner cheek; this could cause an even worse infection.  You should have the wisdom tooth removed since these teeth cause more trouble then they're worth.  You don't want an infection to go too long when it is in your mouth. Serious complications can arise from an infection in your oral cavity.  Make an appointment to see your dentist as soon as possible.  Let us know how it goes! 

Has any of our forum readers have a wisdom tooth that gave you trouble before you had it extracted?  Did you develop an infection from it?

Hi! Thanks for the reply, I've waited it out 3 days and it seems the tooth pushed my gum up to the point where it ripped up, causing all the pressure under there to go away, and now I don't have so much pain anymore. Idk if the little blood filled pocket burst on its own but it's no longer there. Anyway, if I'm in pain again I'll go to the dentist. Thanks!

hi there. this wisdom tooth pain is something really annoying! I remember that I was not able to sleep or to do anything, I was off from my work for a couple of days because of the horrible pain. well, food that you eat can become trapped by that flap of tissue. That can result in an infection in the gum surrounding the wisdom tooth. I just don't know does it hurt more when your wisdom tooth is in pain, when you remove it or when you are dealing with the infection. seek for the antibiotics, that is the first thing that you should do.