Hi, I have a condition called internal tooth resorption. I heard that it’s very difficult to treat, and that it sometimes requires the extraction of teeth. Is there anyone else who suffers from this condition?

Hi, my mother had tooth resorption few years ago. Her body cells attacked and destroyed part of her tooth. There are two types of tooth resorption – external and internal. Unfortunately, my mother had external, wich is much worse. She wasn’t diagnosed on time, so her tooth had to extracted. If she had internal resorption, this wouldn’t happen, because a root canal therapy would help her. I know how difficult this condition can be, but consider your self lucky to have internal type of resorption. Tooth resorption follows injuries to irritation of the periodontal ligament or to tooth pulp.