I am 71 years old and had my tonsillectomy on Thursday, March 21, 2019. The first 2 days the dryness in my mouth and nose were horrible...No amount of drinking water helped and I was constantly feeling parched. After a little over 24 hours I removed the anti-nausea patch that was behind my ear and then the dryness slowly eased off. By Saturday the pain started increasing and became quite intense especially in my ears, and has continued this way since...with waxing and waning with the eating and drinking attempts and had brief respites after using liquid Tylenol. Today I discovered that I had better results with the pain medicine when I sipped it slowly over a period of 45 minutes to an hour instead of drinking it down quickly. I discovered something a little more enjoyable to eat with more flavor this afternoon..I cooked some raw carrots and then buttered them and added some brown sugar...and pureed them in the blender...I also softened them more by adding some "Kitchen Basics" vegetable stock broth. Over the last few days I have experimented with puddings, baby cereal with strained fruits, frozen fruit bars, frozen fudge bars, Carnation Breakfast drink in Rich Chocolate, apple sauce, gatorade, green tea cooled down, chicken broth, vegetable stock, a tiny bit of vanilla icecream. I tried some Vanilla Greek yogurt but for some reason it caused a stinging feeling my the side of my tongue. Also the Dan Active yogurt drinks are not as pleasant as usual and I have always like them. The Activia brand seems a little thicker and coats the throat more comfortably and is smoother in texture. It is not easy doing this kind of diet while also trying to watch my blood sugar because it is hard to find soft foods that aren't sweet. I hope I won't have to wait very many more days to be able to eat scrambled eggs comfortably because I need them since I am diabetic. The pain is stressful for a diabetic and is a challenge to eat the right food and drink to keep the blood sugar from soaring too high...but at least I haven't had any hypoglycemia with this lack of food, so far. According to my bathroom scales I have lost around 6 lbs. I wonder how many calories I have actually consumed each day....I hope my stomach doesn't shrink too much so I have to just nibble the rest of my life. Let me tell you, I have no doubt spent more moments in prayerful pleading with God regarding my pain the last 5 days, than in all the previous months this year and probably last year too...This being the Springtime allergy season doesn't help with this mucous drainage either. I have been using a warm washcloth across my nose for sinus headache relief today and last night as suggested by my daughter. I was told by my dentist and also my ENT doctor that I have a thick tongue, so I am sure the soreness of my tongue and the torn skin on my bottom lip was due to whatever they used to keep my tongue pressed down and out of their way. I just hope my jaw is not out of alignment as I have had years of discomfort with TMJ pain. When I am totally healed and go to my follow up appointment I may have to check with my dentist afterward to make sure my bite is correct.

Some of my title is missing...It Should say "What Took You So Long?"