Hi, I have been weight lifting for quite some time. Up until few months ago, I was pretty satisfied with my results. This is when I have started to put on some extra weight. The problem is that this is not muscle mass, but fat. Now I am thinking about cutting, but one thing is unclear. How much reps should I do while cutting?

Hi, if you have put on few extra pounds, cutting is a good way to lose it. I understand you are thinking about the changes you should introduce into your workout. You wouldn't like to lose muscle mass with the diet and the wrong workout routine. However, there is not one correct answer for everyone. Some people get better results with high reps/low weight, while others continue with their regular routine and get good results also. The most important thing when it comes to cutting is actually the diet. Have a low fat, low carb, high protein diet for the results. You should try different combinations of reps and weight and figure out what suits you best. If you are not certain, you should talk to a professional trainer about this.