What can be done about the eye floaters? I am 27 years old and I have been having that eye condition for the past several months and I must say that I became a little afraid when the situation got worse in the past couple of weeks. I have heard that vitrectomy, some kind of surgery can be done, but is it the only solution for the floaters?

Well, that all depends. Perhaps your floaters are nothing serious, but the situation might be a bit complicated if you already have some other eye problem. In that case, vitrectomy can and should be done. If there is no other problem, then usually floaters are left alone and there is even a high probability of them passing away on their own.

Well,
If I am not mistaking here vitrectomy is a procedure to remove vitreous gel from the eye that is in most cases cause of the floaters in the yes. Floaters are often problem in older people because this is age related condition. You are really young to be having these problems. Did you doctor told you that this is caused by this condition? Was his idea that you do the vitrectomy? The fact is that this is the best option to get rid of eye floaters, but I am not sure if this is the only solution that you can find. You should talk to your doctor about this more and see what other options do you have.

All the best,
Nelie