Hey, 

I replied on the other thread about fungal toe infections before I got this, but I believe it deserves its own thread because I'd like to hopefully share my experiences with this product and would also like to hear what others' experiences are. 

I bought the Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment Set today. Because it is a two phase approach, I will only tell you about the first stage that I'll try out for now. For three weeks, you are meant to soak your toe in water for 10 minutes, then apply the urea portion of the treatment, stick a plaster on overnight, soak again, and scrape the easily removable skin off with the tool. 

Stage two... well, I am not there yet. I am hoping this will work! What are your experiences with it?

Rosie... who isn't logged in for some reason and can't be bothered to retype this after logging in. 

Hi!

I have used the Canesten fungal nail set in the past after trying many other things that did not even come close to making a difference. The improvements during the first phase appeared quickly, though I admit I followed the treatment up with extra anti fungal cream after the urea. This was the first treatment that had any success for me at all. I can't say that it completely got rid of the sings of fungus, but it improved things immensely and I can only say that I am a happy customer.

Another positive review from me! Unlike so many other 'treatments' for fungal nail infections, Canesten's fungal nail treatment set did exactly what it said it would... it gradually wore away my diseased big toenail, which was a little scary, and replaced it with a healthy nail. That after TWO YEARS of dealing with fungal nail infection. I wish I had heard of this treatment kit earlier!

In short, if other treatments for fungal nail infections failed you or if you are looking towards Canesten as your first point of treatment, go for it! This is a very effective treatment that actually delivers on its promises and is a rare gem in a sea of scams and unproven remedies.

I have heard good things about the Canesten set for fungal nail removal as well. Essentially, it offers you to start over again with a new nail that is not affected by the fungus. Beware: as your nail slowly disappears, you may experience strange sensations and find the way your toe looks and feels scary. It takes quite a while for your previously fungal nail to grow back again, and you may want to not look at your toe during that time. Air exposure, however, should help your nail regrow as soon as possible, so do give it that chance as often as possible.

Celebrity

Hey,

I'm back with a minor non-update. So far, it does look like something is happening to my toe though I am not quite sure what yet. The color has changed slightly and I have the feeling that the treatment is working. A girl has to live in hope, doesn't she? I frantically searched the web for reviews of the Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment set and, as compared to numerous other treatment options for fungal nail infections, I have to say that I am very impressed with the good things so many people say about Canesten. 

I'll keep you all posted.

Rosie

You know how I mentioned the vinegar thing on another thread and that was recommended by a proper pedicure? I think Canesten is an acid kind of bath. How do you know it isn't just that that gets rid of your fungal nails, rather than anything else you put on it? I am sure that just vinegar is a lot cheaper and also easier to use. Sometimes I believe that they are just trying to get money out of your pocket with fancy sounding products that don't actually work or at least not better than natural stuff.

I am considering the Canesten set for fungal nail removal as well and I'd like to thank you for sharing your experience so far as well as asking you how you are getting on now, a few days after you started the Canesten treatment? Have there been any noticeable changes to your toe nails? Is the treatment hard to keep up with/labor intensive? Are you in any pain from it? I have had a fungal toe for a while now and will get this if I think it will work...

Celebrity
Sure, I am very happy to share! I am on day five now and my nail has all but crumbled away. I am extremely satisfied with the Canesten Fungal Nail Treatment set and judging by the way things look right now, I am very, very hopeful that it will do exactly what it says on the tin, so to speak. No, there is no pain, just some mild feelings of, well, I wouldn't say discomfort exactly but there are some bizarre sensations to be sure. The soaking is a little time intensive I guess, but I just browse the web or read a book and it's fine, really.

Rosie

I am glad that the Canesten fungal toenail set is working out so very well for you, and so very quickly too, Rosie! It is really amazing to see how hard fungal toe infections are to eliminate, and when you have finally found something that actually does work, you are right to let as many people as possible know about it. When does the first phase end and what is next, then? I'd like it if you could continue to share updates.

The second phase of treatment consists of using an antifungal solution every day, without pause, for 28 days. The second stage is aimed mostly at preventing a recurrence of your fungal nail infection because those things can be awfully stubborn: even when your infection seems to have cleared completely, it is still quite likely to pop right back up. Don't skip phase two even if you think you might not need it, people! It can make the difference between being rid of your fungal nail infection and having it come wave hello again very soon.

I have been using this for a week now and my toenail has gone pale yellow.
Does that sound right?
Does the whole nail come off during the process or just the top layers. Are you left with no nail?
It's great to have someone to ask!