Hello! I have an ingrown toenail that is killing me. Sometimes I can’t even walk. Is there anything that could be done to take care of the problem? I tried to get it out but it is impossible! How can I remove this toenail?

You haven’t mentioned that your toenail is inflamed, red or swollen, which is good, so I suppose this could work for you. Try to put your foot in warm water and then place dry cotton under the corner of the nail. This should do. In case your ingrown nail gets worse, (swelling, pain, redness) you should see podiatrist. They may prescribe oral antibiotics or even suggest a minor surgery to remove this ingrown nail. In the surgery, a small portion of the side of the nail is removed and the nail bed beneath is destroyed. The toe will be numb from the medicine and this toenail will be cut in order to create a straight nail edge. My friend had this surgery once. She was so funny, had to use crunches to walk for a few days.