I have ingrown toenail. It is very painful. My doctor suggested me, excision of the lateral nail plate combined with lateral matricectomy, what ever that mean. Can anyone know what that mean? I can’t stand this condition any more. Please, tell me something more about this procedure.

Hi! I know something about this procedure. The procedure you mentioned produces the greatest success in the treatment of ingrown nails. The lateral aspect of the nail plate is removed with preservation of the remaining healthy nail plate. Electrocautery ablation is then used to destroy the exposed nail-forming matrix, creating a new lateral nail fold. I wish you the best!

Hi
I had this surgery done and unfortunately my toenail has grown back and into the skin again. This time into the sides instead. I have had some laser treatment to the other nail which got infected and that has lessened the pain. Soak it in iodine and warm water.
Good luck!

Wll my toe nail grew back and i just got it redone yesterday. If its what i had done then it is where they num the toe then they cut the side of the nail of to the skin (its num remember) then they cut down a little below the nail and scrape out the stuff that makes that part of the nail grow. The actual process doesnt hurt except for the needle lol. I got 2 stitches and it only started to hurt 20 minutes after the thing. Nuthing to be afraid of it isnt the worst of pain as u will be subscribed stong panadol.

Instead of surgery just going to one of the nail salons and get a regular pedicure. I know several people that suppose to get the surgery, but the Vietnamese nail techinicians kept trimming their ingrown nails and it finally went away. You have to make sure it is not a regular hair salon like J.C. Penny. Most of those people their won't trim it. 90% of the nails shop are run by Vietnamese and you could find it anywhere. Majority of the name end in Nails. For example, Lady Nails, Profisional Nails, Lexi Nails, Tu Nails, or sometime Nails by Tuan, etc. If you walk by the shop and you see all the employees are asians then you should get a pedicure and ask if they could remove your ingrown nail(s).

I had the matricetomy done and beware: it changes the appearance of your toenail permanently. I am embarrassed by my big toes now, because they look asymmetrical and strange. I have no more pain though! The shots to numb my toes were the SHARPEST pain I've ever experienced. But like I said--I have no more pain.