I'm having done a procedure on my ingrown toenail tomorrow by my podiatrist but I'm scared out of my wits about what I've heard about the numbing procedure! Is it really that bad? I can manage an injection but does a shot on your toe really hurt that bad? I know I won't sleep tonight. :'(

Hi! I have suffered with ingrown toenails for a long time now. Until recently, I have been cutting the nail myself. It is very painful, so I went to the doctor to see about getting them removed. I had surgery on both big toes on not sides two days ago. I was extremely scared for the procedure, especially after reading the comments over the shots. Believe me I am terrified of shots and have a low tolerance for pain, but the surgery was a BREEZE! Ths shots barely hurt. There was just a tiny pinch which did not bother me at all. I had 3 shots in each toe. Once I was numb it took the doctor 10 minutes to remove the nails. The night if the procedure my toes were throbbing but my doctor prescribed me a drug to help with the pain. So I HIGHLY RECOMMEND. Getting the surgery done. I am 14 and it was very easy and mostly painless. I feel sooo much better now living without the pain if having the ingrown toenail! Good luck and don't worry about the procedure!