Hi, my brother is 21 years old, and he told me few days ago about some white little spots on his toenails. I told him not to worry, and that it’s going to pass on its own. I was so wrong! His condition has worsened and now his toenail is yellow and thick. Is this toenail fungus? Did anyone experience this condition?

I had toenail fungus when I was on college. I think it was caused by wearing the same shoes all day long. I couldn’t miss my classes, so I couldn’t go home and change. It was a very unpleasant condition. My toenail was brown, overgrown, and very hard. I asked a doctor about that, and she told me to use a medicated nail polish containing loceryl for treating fungus. My condition was mild and this drug helped me, but for spreading fungus, usually is used oral, systemic antifungal medication such as itraconazole. If your brother is not sure if he has toenail fungus, he should go to a doctor, and have some tests done.

For curing toe nail fungus you need to use lavender oil, Epsom salt, olive oil, tea oil vinegar. If all these medication does not provide you relief from this disease then it is better to consult to physician.