For the past couple of weeks, I've had this weird thing going on with my left ear. It feels like there's a muscle spasm just inside the canal and it causes a small thumping sound. Sometimes it feels like that ear is underwater. It's not painful, but can it can get annoying.

Should I get my arse to a doc to get it cleared up?

I would. Things like that drive me insane. But then again, I've been plagued with ear infections for a lot of my life.

Hasn't returned since swimming at lunch yesterday.

Maybe just some water deep in my ear? :shrug:

Could be water trapped in your ear and that's just the sound of your pulse. I get something similar when my ear gets plugged as well.

Not that this is a good recommendation but I use Q-tips to get the water (and wax) out every morning. I know the doctor would shun this suggestion but it works for me.

Macks ear dry. Best stuff on the planet. if I'm in the water more then 5 seconds without my ear plugs I get infections. I use the product every time I come out of the water just to keep my ears dry and clean.

My name is Sheldon and I approve this post.