Hi, my mother had a spinal fusion last weeks. It didn’t went as planed, and she got some infection. Is there any other case where fusion went bad?

Hi, I had a spinal fusion two years ago. Unfortunately, it went bad, and I had some complications. No one knew about this until I started having pain and discomfort the next day. My wound was swollen and the whole area of incision became red. When they realized that fusion went bad and that I got an infection, they immediately took me back to a surgery room, and gave me some strong medications. I didn’t feel thing. I only know that it took couple of days more to get better, before my wound heeled. Infection is not the only complication that can appear during or after the fusion. I read about some patients who’s fusion went bad because of the bleeding, reaction to medicines, breathing problems and even urinary difficulties.

i9 had lumbar spinal fusion then ended up with abcess at incision area almost died now 7 months later using walker i am having anterior posterior lumbar fusion april19 spopped smoking weeks ago

Hi my name sharene I had a fon 2 years ago and I can say that Inowe have nearve damage and they did not fix my spine I still have bulging disks and now it's fushion it's self and tears in the spine and much more and the pain is 8 plus every day makes u cry it's that bad is say think before u have one get 2nd and third option thanks