Please help. I've had my ultrasound scan today and the radiographer said that there were no Gallstones present. I have been having the same upper abdominal pain on my right side with back pain for about 6 months now, the worst was the other week when I finally went to my doctor and she suspected Gallstones. The pain was unbarable ( Like a contraction ) and then pain down my shoulder blades and feeling sick. I have to go back to my doctors next week for the results but I'm so worried because if it's not Gallstones what else could it be? I am overweight but have been on a low fat diet for about a month and lost a stone. Could the Gallstones pass through? And has anyone else had this problem?

Sounds like the same thing I'm going through, I've had 4 episodes of (which we think is gallstone pain) in 7 months, the ultrasound results came in today:negative. However when I sometimes eat a higher fat meal I feel some slight pressure where the gallbladder is. I'm 53, 5-10 and about 160 lbs. and run 4 miles a day. But I'm perplexed of what this intermittent pain is? Unless I've passed 4 stones in the months passed. Who knows?