I have had several gallbladder attacks in past few years, and still have my gallbladder. My doctors can't agree on whether it is the actual gallbladder, or the opening to the gallbladder that is spasming. But I take a muscle relaxant when it does that and I am waiting for my insurance approval for open RNY. I think that will be best for me.

I had an attack only one year after my surgery and it was one of the worse pains I have ever had. I wound up in the ER all night and had an ultrasound and x-ray and my gall bladder showed nothing. It seems that when you lose a lot of weight in a short time the tube to the gallbladder sometimes gets twisted and pinches off all the fluid, thus you have spasming feeling.

Hi There,

God dont tell me that!! I just had op to remove mine on 16th August
I had an ( attack ) yesterday 27th the worst ever ,
So now im wondering whats happening,
I was told by surgeon after op that my Gallbladder was Shrivveled and had hardly any stones in ,
Whereas it was full of stones in Feb.
Im going for another scan to see if anything has been left behind (no idea what happens if there is!!)
My Phrenic nerve is affecting me badly since i woke up after op, Or thats what doc said, I looked it up and I agree with him, Im taking Painkillers now today after my attack yesterday i got tranquilizers to mabey sort Phrenic nerve . Or whatever im slowly losing grip between all the drugs and all the confusion there is regarding whatever i actually do have, Twisted tubes on top of all this would be just my luck.
Carina