I recently had my gallbladder removed. I am a truck driver and had to my DOT physical recertified so that I could go back to work. Upon testing my urine and blood my blood sugar read 249. The Dr flagged me from driving. I have an appt Monday to see my Family Dr. I would like to know is this common after gallbladder surgery and how long does it take to get the blood sugar back to normal?

Did you experience any other symptoms when they found elevated sugar levels.
I am not sure if sugar levels were supposed to rise after gallbladder surgery but my husband suffered from acute pancreatitis caused by migrating gallstones, also called gallstone pancreatitis.

He suffered from pain in the abdomen that radiated to his back, was nauseous and vomited.

This can be diagnosed if there is a fullness and tenderness in the upper middle region of the abdomen.

I am not applying this is your case, I am just relating to similar symptoms. Have you been ordered any other tests?

A person is more susceptible to it if they are female, fat, fair, fertile and 40-plus years of age. This is called five F’s.

Does not having a gaulbladder affect your blood sugar?

not sure as i am having the same problem 2 weeks after surgery. My blood sugars are very high and i do take diabetes meds for it. Have an appt with my doctor as i also have pain in my back and acros my stomach and in my sternum. Wishing i would have never had it done as i am uncomfortable on a daily basis.

I HAD MY GALLBLADDER TAKEN OUT IN LATE APRIL,OF 16,,,FOR THE FIRST TIME EVER MY SUGAR IS HIGH 170, .AND MY LIVER FUNCTION IS NOT AS GOOD AS BEFORE SURGERY.....THE SURGERY ALMOST 6 MTHS AGO,,,,IS THIS NORMAL,AFTER SURGERY ,WHEN WILL IT GO BACK TO NORMAL.