:-D I was exploring the internet before my surgery and this site amoung others scared me because every post I read there were serious complications, that being said.. I thought I'd post a success story. I did have the surgery about a month ago, and I am doing great! I can eat anything I want now without pain(I have to use the restroom sometimes after I eat.. but it's not real bad, and a great trade off from the pain/it has also helped me loose weight)The pain I felt before the surgery has not returned. I have had no side effects except using the bathroom after meals every now and then. It was rough the first week after surgery.. I needed help moving around and I was really sore(and the NAUSEA was the worst.. from the anesthesia wearing off)but "Phenegan"cures that in a hurry. After the first week, I was still a little sore but all was better, and after a month I seem to be back to my old self(before the gallstones).. so anyone thinking of having the surgery.. Go For It! It has improved my quality of life tremendosly!!! ;-)

Hi
I had my gallbladder removed a few days ago. I am upset that the scars are bigger than I thought although they are still messy at the moment so hard to tell exactly.
How long before the scars start to heal to the point where they're not gross to look at anymore?
x

I find your posting very positive. I'm suppossed to have my gallblader remove but i'm not 100% sure... I've read so many things, I'm really scared.
If you don't mind, can you tell me what your age and weight was at the time of surgery?

Thank you.

well im hav ing my gallstone surgery tomorow morning,,ive been reading about so much failures in surgery on here,,im glad that i have read one good outcome of this post,,theres too much Pain for me @ the moment,,i trust my surgeons,,wish me luck everyone,,and prayers,

I had my gallbladder removed about 6months ago. I have been feeling very good all the time since. I have avoided fatty food and dairy food but eaten about everything else. First wheeks had some diarria every now and then but last months feeling better than ever before. and btw have lost about 30lbs.

Well I had my gallbladder removed and the first day I felt pretty much nothing. the second day I felt very sick to my stomach and read all these none success stories. Very scary! I also haven't had a bm yet! I have stopped taking my pain meds because I think they have been making me feel sick. I am scared I will be stuck like everyone... Nausea and diarrhea. I pray everyday I won't!!! I'll keep you updated

Honestly, I know this is going to be a great step in my life I havent had a normal GOOD day in about 3 years and i am looking forward to being able to eat someithing that isnt wheatthins and event they have turned on me LOL. I wish you all luck and I know you did the right thing by having your gb removed Mine is getting removed on Wednesday morning, So crossing my fingers about the generral anesthesia but all in all very hopefull. ;-)

I had my gallbladder removed May 2nd 2008. I am only 20 years old. I had 10 gallstones that they removed and it was the best decision and I am so glad I got it done. I too had read so many negative feedback from people having the surgery that I almost backed out, but I was in too much pain to not have it done. The surgery itself was a breeze, I was lucky enough to not get sick or anything like that from the anesthesia. Recovery I was sore, yes, but nothing unbearable. I do tolerate pain well so maybe that helped. I have 4 scars...3 of them which are tiny and the other below my belly button which I don't like but it had to happen. I don't have one problem with eating anything...I eat what I want and have no issues with going to the bathroom. So just trust your surgeon and not everyone will have issues or complications with the surgery!

Hi, I'm glad to see that you are doing really well after your gallbladder surgery. I had my done on 11/20/08 and I'm still not well enough to go to work. I recovered just fine and went in on the following Wed. to the post-op surgeon appointment. I was feeling great then but then the holidays set with in with family in from out of town and to make a long story short....i didn't get any rest or relaxation after that. I went back to work on Tue 12/2/08. That morning when getting out of my car I twisted the wrong way and it felt like I pulled all my stitches. I couldn't even talk for about 30 minutes after I got to my desk...the pain was so severe....it subsided so i went about my day taking it easy...later that night i think i over did it again....by the end of the night, I was in so much pain again....i took the rest of last week of and cancelled all my appointments/committments to stay home and rest. I went back to the surgeon's office yesterday and he said everything looks fine so he's not sure why I am feeling so poorly. They told me to look for a fever of anything over 100 or nausea. Neither of which happened....I'm having these gas like pains..started on my right side and then the pain goes up to my right shoulder just like the gas pains from the surgery. He said there could be some gas from the surgery still stuck in there. The pain is unbearable.... last night, i got this pain and then it took turns on each side and shoulder. I slept for a few hours sitting up in my bed until the pains subsided but only to be awoken to them again on my right side. Someone suggest that I get online to find out more like this blog. I know that I need to get my bowels regulated and that is most of the problem....I hope... How did any of you get rid of your gassy pains?? Did you take anything like GasX?? I'm going onto short-term disability tomorrow and have to return for sure back to work on Monday....I've got to be over this...I'm exhausted and tired of living in pain.

Thank you so much for the positive stories.

My girlfriend is having hers removed this afternoon. She's been in and out of the hospital with severe abdominal pain for the last few months. Yesterday they did an ultrasound and x-rays and have determined that the Gallbladder is the culprit for her crippling pain.

She's a mega-bad-ass, and can handle pain, so to watch her curl up in pain was heart wrenching. I've been reading absolutely everything I can on helping her recover, and I'm just glad to find at least ONE positive post.

I have read about new diets and supplement packs, and I'm researching which is the best choice. I also read that massage is good to keep things moving in her. I guess my massage therapy training isn't all bad, right?

I'm glad I found this thread, and I'm glad all of you are doing well. I have complete faith that she will return to her regular, ass-kickin' self soon, and I'll come back and report how we're doing.

Have an awesome day everyone!

Blakers McAwesome (not my real name, but wouldn't it be cool if it was?)

This is an old post but i had to reply for other people to read...I searched the net for weeks for something positive about GB removal but no it seems to be all doom and gloom :-(
I spoke to the surgeon about my worries and he said more people will write about bad experience than those who have had good as the ones with the good experience will get on with their lives...
Well i had mine out 1 week ago and feel great,i woke up from the OP sore they gave me pain meds so i slept the day away,since then ive taken nothing.For the first 4 days i felt bruised and it hurt a little to get from sitting to standing but by day 7 i feel nothing,yay...So im left with 4 scars a jar of stones and 60lb lighter,I have eaten everything i have missed this last year making up for lost time but back to healthy eating Monday.No bathroom issues just a little belching..All in all id do it again and would recommend getting the diseased thing out,its so nice not being scared to eat or even drink water..

I had my gall bladder removed almost 6 months ago and am very happy! I researched a lot before the surgery and was scared to death and almost didn't go thru with it, I actually almost decided to deal with the pain and ER trips because of what I was hearing. I have no lasting effects from the surgery. I am completely back to normal. I attended a party the next day and was up and around completely 2 days later. The scars are a bit ugly though. I feel great and can eat anything I want anytime. Just thought I'd add a positive story to the mix.

My husband had his gallbladder out following two acute attacks of pancreatitis. They never were able to visualize stones, but eventually found his gallbladder to not be functioning and it was diseased. The surgery was less than 10 days ago. He is doing GREAT! Honestly, he would tell you that the surgery was a breeze compared to the pancreatitis attacks. He has been able to eat any foods though we typically follow a heart healthy diet anyway. We are just crossing our fingers that everything continues to go well. I'd say don't be afraid of the surgery and remember that people tend to post problems rather than successes.

I had my gallbladder taken out 3 months ago after landing in the ER with really bad abdominal pain. I'm so thankful I did it I haven't had any major pain since the surgery and I feel great I can eat anything I want and I have no problems. I returned back to work 2 weeks later and I am leading a perfectly normal life no extra trips to the bathroom the only pain I have is occasionally very mild pain at the incision sites nothing bothersome. The hardest part was the first 2 days after the surgery it was kinda hard to move around in bed but I took 1 of the pain pills and that helped also I had a problem getting my bowels to move for the first couple of days but taking my prescription pericolace (stool softener) helped that problem and I was soon back to my normal self. I say don't be afraid to get the surgery done it's a lot better than dealing with the pain.

I had my gallbladder removed almost 3 weeks ago. I too was worried after reading all the negatives and horror stories. But after 3 weeks so far so good. Surgery itself was fine. Recovery has been okay, still a little sore if I overdo it (think lifing overflowing laundry baskets and 40lb kids) Back to my regular diet and yes that includes the not so healthy pizza, ice cream, etc. and no major problems. Still have diarrhea, but it's down to 1/day and not really all that bad - think my system is just adjusting and expecting that to improve in time. Seriously not a big deal at all! Not the agonizing cramps I've heard others complain of and definately not in the middle of meals or needing to dash off at a run. Still I'm not brave enough yet to attempt a resturant, but that day will come - soon! :-) The scars I have are very small and fading fast, course I'm very fair skinned, so they're blending. Did have some issues with pain at the top incision (felt like there was a golf ball in there) and according to my Dr. it's common and will fade, which it has been. Still feeling a bit tired, which again my Dr. said was common esp. since I'm a stay at home Mom to 3 young boys who are off school right now. over all glad I had it done and would do it over!