I have been having gallbladder symptoms for over a year now which has progressively gotten worse over the past month and a half. I went to my pcp to be diagnosed with a uti and possible ibs. A week later landed in the er when the pain was so bad in my right side of the abdomen that I was up all night. All blood work as well as an ultrasound came back normal. Returned to pcp for follow up to be tested for H. Pylori for a suspected ulcer also negative. Yesterday I had a HIDA Scan. It showed no stones but a mildly hypofunctioning gallbladder with an ejection fraction of 29%. The dr has not yet called ofcourse. I was just wondering if that is a low enough rate that they will take out the gallbladder or will I have to live on meds forever to allieviate the symptoms? The right side underneath my rib cage is tender all the time it does not matter what I eat. But pain does get worse after I eat in the upper quadrant. I just don't want to live in pain. I am going nuts!

I am in so much pain that it has spread to my back, shoulders and yes my testicles it feels like my insides are going to fall out on the floor.... They have determined that my gal bladder needs to be removed and yet no one will help due to my insurance not kicking in. I have been turned away by 3 hospitials due to the inabilty to pay so, I was wondering if all the pain is normal and if it's also normal for LORATABS not to work? I also was wondering what the down time is for surgery? I know it depends on the person but, I have missed a ton of work due to not being able to move and really cant afford to not go back as soon as possible. Any help I can get will be a comfort? Thank you, Ed

the pain that your feeling i felt the same thing before i had my gallbladder taken out and youll be out of work for about 2 weeks and cant lift anything over 10 pounds and for the 1st couple of days your sore as hell but after that youll feel alot better but you cant eat what your use to eating right away! good luck

The exact same things happened to me. I was diagnosed with IBS, acid reflux, had an endoscopy, and spent hundreds of dollars going to the doctor for treatments. This was years ago and finally she told me I had tiny gallstones but they were not my problem. I et the years I would have mini attacks and I would suffer through the pain. Until last night the attack was so severe it sent me to the ER. There the doctor found my gallstones, inflamed gallbladder and fluid build up. I see a surgeon tomorrow to have my gall bladder removed.