A couple of years ago i started with pain right under my rib cage on the right side, as time went on the pain has gotton worse and more frequent(daily after ALMOST everything i eat or drink).
did all test,:
ultra sound: gall bladder was contracted
HIDA scan: took over an hour and half for gallbladder to empty
MRI: normal
liver panel: elevated
endoscopy: normal (exept GERD)

so 3 of 5 not right, plus pain, but dr says he doesnt think its my gallbladder, says the tests are ok even though they were off.

he also says i shouldnt get the pain every day. but i do get pain everyday., and i am starting to lose weight now, i cant eat much anymore, get full real fast (and i love food) i dont know if its phycological because i know i will get pain.

so he starts me on a medication Amitriptyline which is an antidepressent, but also a neuro blocker for chronic pain.

i dont want to take an antidepressent if i dont need it, i know they can cause serious side effects, plus i am on a few other meds. i dont want to cover up pain that i dont know what causing it.

SHOULD I STICK WITH THIS DR.'S PLAN OR SEE ANOTHER DR?

what else could cause this pain and these test results?????????????

im losing my mind!!!!!!!!!

Hi there,
Greetings from Australia.

I think I am able to help you but I need to ask a few more questions before I could conclude anything. This is to make me further understand your conditions better.

These are the questions:-

1) Does the pain spread from under your ribs on the right side of your abdomen, and/or does it come on after eating fatty foods? (Yes/No)

2) Is the pain worse after a large meal or drinking excess alcohol, and/or is it relieved by anti-acids? (Yes/No)

3) Have notice either of the following? a) Reduced appetite, b) Unintentional weight loss of more than 4Kg.? (Yes/No)

4) Is the pain associated with diarrhoea and/or constipation? (Yes/No)

5) Have you lost weight, and/or do you have blood in your faeces?

Once I'd received all the answers to the questions above, I might be able to tell you the actual problems that you're suffering from. I may also guide you to a better "treatment" which will have No side effect, requires no medical supervision, safe to be used with any prescribed medications, affordable, fast-effective, safe to be used by all age groups and gender and best of all, it is very simple to use.

Contact me should you require/have any other informations regarding your condition. I would not encourage you to take the Amitriptyline or the Neuro Blocker as it will ONLY HIDE the problem and will NOT FIX anything, Plus the nasty side-effects that follows after using those drugs.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Regards,
Hazad
VisionsLink Pty. Ltd.
Australia.

**edited by moderator**

I would see another doctor just to see if he agrees. Losing your gallbladder is not a perfect solution as you can tell after doing a little reading on this board but maybe someone else could offer a new perspective.

Also, maybe above poster will tell us what his take on your problems are, might help someone else.

I agree with "arriba" loosing your gallbladder is NOT the perfect solution at all !! You will suffer from heaps of "digestive disorders" should you loose your gallbladder.

I am still awaiting for your answers, if you still want me to help!

Regards,
Hazad
VisionsLink Pty. Ltd
Australia.

I agree with <arriba> loosing your gallbladder is NOT the perfect solution at all !! You will suffer from heaps of "digestive disorders" should you loose your gallbladder.

I am still awaiting for your answers, if you still needs help to find out what is wrong with you and the guide for the "treatment".

Regards,
Hazad
VisionsLink Pty. Ltd
Australia.

avaniwater, I am curious to hear what you think might be a good solution if you can't take the gallbladder out. I understand that there are a lot of bad experiences with having an actual gallbladder removed but can you tell me what some of the other solutions would be?

Hi
Anychance you could help me.

I have gallbladder symptoms for 11 months now. It all started by suffering with having really bad stabbing pains 5-30 mins after eating fatty foods. I've been in and out of hospital, all doctors says its my gallbladder but all tests come clear. I've had all tests such as hida, ct, ultra sounds, x rays, camera etc but all clear.

My pain now happens at any time, I'll be walking, and then get a sharp pain right under my rib cage which feels like I'm being stabbed. This pain like go right into my right shoulder. I feel sore on my right side and struggle to sleep at night because of the pain.

Any ideas??