i gave birth 5 months ago and have been very gassy ever since, all the time no matter i eat.

If you had an episiotomy, a big baby, or an assisted vaginal delivery with forceps, you could be experiencing anal inconsistency. Do you have problems controlling the gas?

This is more common with vaginal births and not c-sections.

If this is the case, try doing kegel exercises to strengthen your pelvic floor muscles for better control.

As marrilyn already said, some women experience more or less problems with intestines and bowel after childbirth. This happens not only because delivery puts a tremendous pressure on this area -+ more than anything ever could, but also because baby made your internal organs move to allow it to develop and your body might be just trying to get back to normal.

I still think that you should try avoiding foods that are well known to cause bloating and gassiness, such as beans, high-fiber content foods and large amounts of fresh fruits and vegetables. But, if the problem persists beyond this, you should see a doctor to make sure there is no serious damage to your colon or small intestine.

What exactly am I to eat if I avoid all these foods? Especially if I take iron supplements and I am breastfeeding?