Hello. I'm 18 year old female and I have some questions about my options right now.
Recently, a terrible thing has happened to me- I got pregnant! Could you believe it- first sexual experience in my life and such thing happened to me.
I started to be suspicious when I have started to feel sickness in the morning and didn’t get my period when I should. I bought some home pregnancy tests and they came out positive. My parents don’t know anything about it! Like you see, I'm very young and my boyfriend has recommended me to get an abortion. I'm not sure what to do!
I have heard some things about some organization called Pro Life and theirs arguments against abortion. Any extra info about it?

I have read some stuff written by some of Pro Life members and listen what it’s all about. Like you have said Pro Life is organization which trying to prove that abortion is homicide.
All Pro Life theories are based on three questions- Is this human life; Should we allow discrimination against entire classes of living humans; What are the women rights? They say that abortion is killing because it means killing of living organism.
Living organism is something that is growing, developing, maturing, and replacing its own dying cells and baby is all of these.
When you read closely you will see that there are right because I have read that from the moment of conception when a single-cell embryo is created, a new human being exists. They are also looking at the psychological side of this because many of women suffer psychologically and sometimes physically as a result of their decision.

If abortion is permitted to continue, the evil is done not only to the babies but also to us

=( Abortion should only be allowed if that woman was raped or incest.

My little brother is adopted. His birth mother became unexpectedly pregnant. The doctors all told her to have an abortion, but she was able to get some counseling from a pro-life organization. She had Jacob, and unselfishly gave him to us. He is a beautiful example of the love involved in adoption not only on the side of the adoptive parents, but also on that of his birth mom. She thought of his little life that needed to be protected and not her own discomfort.

Adoption is the safer and loving option! And Pro-lifers will be MORE than happy to help you either keep the baby or lovingly give him up to another family more capable to care for him than you may be.

Also, abortion increases the chance of breast cancer.

All babies are alive and have a future. Don't let anyone else tell you to destroy them.

it's your body and your life. get as much information about pregnancy as you can and make the decision for YOURSELF.

At your age the best options would be adoption or abortion. If you want any hope of going to college and having a future, now is not the time to have a baby to worry about. Having the child and giving it up would be the most noble action, but sometimes you have to worry about your own future. Do what's best for you. I have to admit that if I were to get pregnant now, (as I'm rather young as well) I'd probably get an abortion. I know some people think its horrible, and I'm not fond of the prospect myself, but I can't bring myself to feel that removing an unthinking clump of cells is tantamount to murdering a human being. Whatever you choose, good luck.

Guest wrote:

Hi All,
I was just reading through this thread, and do you know, that ONLY 3% of ALL abortions are actually from rape or incest? Just a bit of info.

Hizgrace

In response to the person who said it's your life and your body, make the decision yourself: It's also an innocent child's life as well. You have NO right to take a baby's life, because of your actions. It's murder. It's a child, not a choice. If it's not a baby, you're not pregnant. Even if it was rape or incest, the child should not have its life taken away. Did you know that over 1/3 of the current generation is not living because they were aborted? A life is created at the very moment of conception. A baby's heart starts beating after 18 days. Go look at some pictures of aborted babies, and then tell me that's not a human life. If you can do that and honestly say that it isn't a baby, then you are a very sick, cruel person. And another thing to think about, if it's not a baby that's in your womb, then how come if a pregnant woman is murdered it counts as two murders instead of just one? If a mother can kill her own child, how can you tell others not to kill?

Since obviously this was an unplanned pregnancy I would say the best option is adoption. There are plenty of services that will find a great home for your baby. Love your baby enough to give it what it deserves, life. I know that right now this seems like the end of the world and it will change everything, but please please have the baby. Give it up for adoption if you cannot keep it. Love yourself enough not to traumatize yourself with an abortion, both physically and emotionally. Even legal abortions are not always safe. Also, women that have had an abortion are more at risk to get breast cancer. It's murder, please choose life. (:

Ok, I disagree with all of you. I just had an abortion. Mentally I am fine. Physically I am fine. It was not traumatizing. I am ok. I did not want the child, and due to financial circumstance I needed a job desperately. I could not work whilst pregnant as the sickness was so bad I could not get out of bed for 5 weeks. Plus how could I show up for an interview and then say i needed to go on maternity leave very soon? i would have to do this even if i chose adoption. I would of had to remain like this for another 6 or7 months. My partner worked a 9-6 job and had to take care of me after. the strain on our relationship could of ended it. I took this decision as a parent, I did not have the means at my disposal to care for myself let alone a baby. I could not look after myself at all whilst pregnant, I could not eat or even go into the kitchen without being sick.
Was I killing an innocent life? Or was I protecting it from the horrific life outside? As a parent i have to make sure that I am ok, for the childs sake. I have no guilt. And as for the christian thing....you nutters got it all wrong. Jesus was a man who understood the trials and tribulations of Women, how hard it is to bring up children and deal with being treated like 2nd class citizens because we are not men. If he was around today he would not be on the pro life side but the pro choice side and he would of walked into the abortion clinic with me and reassured me that i was doing the right thing. I have kept a photo of my scan and i will always remember it, killing it was less of a sin than bringing a life into a world where people can be anti-abortion and pro-War at the same time. you wont abort an unwanted fetus, but bomb the sh*t out of Iraq- no problemo. Get it right people! you're all hypocrits!

A Con side of adoption.

37% of children that are adopted are physically or sexually abused, homeless or incarcerated.

1% of children adopted make it into universities.

Less than 3% of women do choose to give up the child to adoption which faced with either keeping it or giving it away.

The median length of stay for children in one home in foster care is 1.7 months.

and when considering that the average adoption age is four years and two months. That is a lot of moving around.

Pro-side of abortion.

Exhaustive reviews by panels in the U.S. government have concluded that there is no association between abortion and breast cancer. Also no indication that abortion is a risk factor for cancer.

Abortions performed in the first trimester pose virtually no long-term risk of such problems as infertility, ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous abortion (miscarriage), or birth defect.

Isn't the unborn child a human being?
-The unborn child is not able to rationalize, therefore it has no rights. A fetus, is that is what you call a collection of cells meshing together, in the first trimester can neither feel, think, and is not even conscious of its own existence and therefore one cannot consider it a child.

Abortion goes against religion?
No, the argument that abortion goes against religion is invalid, nationally. The first amendment states freedom of religion. Which then leads us on a jolly chase to the establishment cause- which states that you cannot force religion on anyone no matter the circumstances.

In the end. It is your choice. I can only supply statistics and facts.

I love the way that almost all of the posts on this topic are propaganda for peoples' own beliefs (which for the most part end up attacking anyone who disagrees for any reason), rather than helpful, informative comments about each side of the debate...
Well done to those who remained impartial though!

diles wrote:

See, you seem to be Pro-choice, but you don't seem to judge like the others. And that is what it should be...If you choose to be Pro-Life, it should be that way exactly, you are level-headed while being informational, but still not looking down upon or saying mean things to get your point across.

I choose to be Pro-Choice, and recently had one done with complications and asked for help and received a bunch of criticism from Pro-Life ranters saying that I am absolutely wrong no matter what circumstances. And I say that it shouldn't be that way. I say you can choose to be Pro-Life and make a reputable argument without being nasty or rude or hurtful. No one wants to have an abortion, but for those who do, there is always a reason behind it. Like I said, no woman ever wants to have to face that decision, but unfortunately, things can change. And Pro-Lifers seem to want to make it harder on the people already faced with a very hard decision.

I like you. You are the first Pro-Life person I like, only because you weren't rude or mean to the person asking the question. You got your point across without judgment. Woman who are faced with these crisis need more people like you, instead of those who tell us that we're murderers and evil for what we've chose to do. We've only chosen what we think is best for us, and what is best for the baby at that particular time in our lives, even though others don't see it that way.

I didn't want my newborn to be brought into a cold dark basement with spiders, no means of money right now, and to have another worry that I can't buy diapers for my daughter, let alone a newborn. I didn't want it to have that kind of life, and there was no way that I would carry it for 9 months and give it away...you get too attached, and then you're in the situation you tried to avoid; not only for yourself, but for your baby as well. Like I said, no woman ever wants to have an abortion, but sometimes you're faced with a massive decision for what's best for you and your baby. And we don't need Pro-Lifers telling us that we were wrong for our decision...because it was already hard enough to make the decision in the first place.

So like I said, more Pro-Lifers need to be more like you. You're at least nice about how you word your opinion.

*~mYsTeRiA~* wrote:

diles wrote:

"See, you seem to be Pro-choice"

I meant to say Pro-Life. Sorry, my error.

The lady who said Jesus would walk into the abortion clinic with her is very sick in her mind. She is definitely making me re-consider pro choice again because someone like that letting there DNA continue is chilling.